2006 Canadian Car of the Year Award category winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Canadian Car of the Year Award category winners

OK. I see BMW and MB. Do they even deserve to win in that class? I felt a little bit crazy of not seeing even one of the new models offer from VW/Audi win any category. They must be on crack.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/051207-1.htm

Possibly will be on the Best New Alternative Power Vehicle category, the wait continue till January next year. But wait, all hybrid, 1 ethanol and 1 diesel car. I think they will pick the ethanol just because its new to the market and respect to the GM Corp.

Best New Sports/Performance Car category? A Honda Civic Si w/LSD.

I guess if a Jetta 2.0t GLI is a coupe and equipped with something racy like a factory LSD then I’m sure it’s going to beat them.

Re: 2006 Canadian Car of the Year Award category winners

We recently drove a new jetta for a few days while the GTI was getting fixed. I can honestly say that the styling, well thay must have hired the team that designed the Toyota Corolla. The interior is nice but i think they made the car too big and very underpowered. I'm waiting for the new GTI(too bad about the VR6) but i guess 200HP will have to do.I was hoping that for the GTI/GLI. The power would be in the 250-275 HP range. Could allways hope that they have a High Ouput option,
    Might be a popular option.
    But that is just my opinion
    Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

If they had the output of the GTI in that range, it would be too close to the R32, so who would pay a premium for the R? I'm fine with the numbers for the new GTI, I'd be modding it anyhow....I think I've stated before though that I'm holding out for the R36 on 2007
      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

I really like what honda did with the new civic si. 6-speed, lsd, 200hp etc.

The 2.0t gti will be pretty quick right out of the box. Nothing more than a chip it should have 250hp and 300lb/ft trq.

I'll be looking at both when it comes time for a new car.
        2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

R36, can't hardly wait.. I'll be first in line. allready got the ok from the wife, No matter the cost.
          Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

Yeah, the R36 is one of my "make it work" type purchases
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

hahaha for sure.. last night i found the r36 will be here for 07!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                hahaha for sure.. last night i found the r36 will be here for 07!
                Where did you find that? All I've been able to find are a bunch of articles and threads stating that it "should" be here (here=U.S.A.) in 2007/08. I still haven't heard any confirmation about Canada - or did you find out that it is?

Please give me hope!
                2008 Audi RS4
                2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

lol thats what you or jason said haha.. or too many brewskis chris?

Comment

LOL - yeah, that might have been the case! :P
                    2008 Audi RS4
                    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                      lol thats what you or jason said haha.. or too many brewskis chris?
                      what you may have heard me say was that people are already starting to order the A3 with the 3.2l which sounds like it will be available soon to Canucks. Perhaps you confused them, or maybe too many brewskis....or Fanta
                      Jay

Comment

twas a large amount of fanta LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X