Light Weight Battery stuff.. kinda cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Weight Battery stuff.. kinda cool

Didn't know anybody made a hold down kit for the small race batteries.. no idea how simon holds his down but this looks pretty nice.. kinda expensive but oh well
    http://www.momentummotorparts.com/store/batteries.asp

Re: Light Weight Battery stuff.. kinda cool

Mines in full winter mode now but a simple aluminium strap that I made up worked well, looked good and passed tech every time.
    EU Tuning
    European Performance Products
    www.eutuning.ca
    slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

i'm tempted to buy one of thier kits and a second battery and wire the second battery into the trunk.. could i simply use my current 2ga wire from front battery + to the + on the rear battery then simply ground the rear battery to the chassis/same ground as the amps?

i'm just thinking a second may help as I have over 1000W in stereo pumping now and right now with just my mono amp i'll drop 14-12V when i start cranking the volume

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
        i'm just thinking a second may help as I have over 1000W in stereo pumping now and right now with just my mono amp i'll drop 14-12V when i start cranking the volume
        A second battery shouldn't hold the voltage higher than 12V, its the alternator that gets it up to 14V.

I think I could come up with a mounting bracket like that for less than $150 Cdn, granted it wouldn't have a nifty logo machined into the strap across the top. And if you want it in the trunk something like that might not be ideal since its designed to go in the battery tray.
        Jeff
        Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
        Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

oh okay well scrap that idea.. since i don't race i don't need a small one anyways haha

Comment

I bet for a 1 off you actually COULD make a battery bracket with a logo on it for less than 150.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
              I bet for a 1 off you actually COULD make a battery bracket with a logo on it for less than 150.
              If you count your own labour as nothing, the materials might cost about $30-$40, maybe 10 min worth of welding. You might be right, if you have access to all the tools to make it (which I do, including the welder).

I priced out getting some Alpine logos laser cut to go with my stereo install that would be about that size. They would be about $50 each if I got 8 if I recall, they get cheaper the more you do typically. The initial cost to program the laser drives the cost up if you only get 1 or 2.
              Jeff

Comment

I do consider my time/labour as nothing, since I waste at least 80% of it every day.

I don't even see any real need for welding. I would not make mine an exact replica, but it would be very very similar. Just make a base that you drill to bold into the stock battery tray. Then you just need to use some long bolts or threaded rod for the sides, maybe some bracketing on the base that could easilly be attached without welding, just bending or small bolts.

Laser cutting the logo is more than what I was thinking, I was thinking of doing something like etching it or drill/dremel-cutting something depending on the logo.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

You can get laser cut alum brackets made for optimas off flebay for a good price. If you look through one o the buildups of mp3car one used it in her GTI and it looks pretty good.
                  Name: Brent
                  His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                  Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                    I do consider my time/labour as nothing, since I waste at least 80% of it every day.

I don't even see any real need for welding. I would not make mine an exact replica, but it would be very very similar. Just make a base that you drill to bold into the stock battery tray. Then you just need to use some long bolts or threaded rod for the sides, maybe some bracketing on the base that could easilly be attached without welding, just bending or small bolts.

Laser cutting the logo is more than what I was thinking, I was thinking of doing something like etching it or drill/dremel-cutting something depending on the logo.
                    Good points.
                    Jeff

Comment

Working...
                    X