so went to race city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so went to race city

guess who is disturbo and who might be me...

this was my first run, with an ok launch. my 2nd and 3rd were crap, 2nd run tires spun through 1st and 2nd and last run clutch couldnt hold it anymore me abusing it trying heat up tires that run lol. ah well, we get the idea. so maybe with ideal conditions i could have been .1 or .2 faster.

Last edited by bart; 10-08-2005, 11:46 AM.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Re: so went to race city

15.4!!! holy crap bart..and 91 is a good trap speed for sure

Comment

Damn that is one of the faster 1/4 miles that I have seen for a TDI thats for sure!
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

What's it going to take for you to break into the 14's?

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

a rolling start lol. who knows, we'll see next year.
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

If you could pull a 2.1 second 60 you would likely mow almost a second off the quarter time.

20 - 25 psi in the front tires would help to cut the 60 foots down, so would slicks.

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
            What's it going to take for you to break into the 14's?

Comment

Everyone talks about 2.2 etc 60 ft times - it's NOT THE SAME at race city.

Dom was saying he gets 1.9s on street tires back home, yet look at that 2.6 60.

Khyron
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

i think bart was using simon's r compounds for uber grip.. bart you should toss in a bbq tank and use some of that then we can even cook bugers afterwards lol

Comment

yes gotta get that 60' time down, typically its cold friday nights, esp. this time of month, so its really hard to grip. if they had drags in the day, probably way better. but then the air would be warmer too, IC wouldnt be as happy lol
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

A number of friends with Neons in various stages of mod cut consistant 1.9's here, bud park, lethbridge, whatever.

Race city will show differences in ET and trap speed strictly due to the change in altitude and the corresponding drop in horsepower however that difference is not large enough to affect 60 times by over a half second.

Track composition differences (i.e. Race City being a complete turd of a track) is something that every driver must compensate for between cities, tracks, and on a run to run basis.

Originally posted by Khyron
                    Everyone talks about 2.2 etc 60 ft times - it's NOT THE SAME at race city.

Dom was saying he gets 1.9s on street tires back home, yet look at that 2.6 60.

Khyron

Comment

Well I've read enough threads on beyond etc about drivers that have driven here and in Edmonton and all find it substantially quicker. Even old Peter was .6 seconds faster in Edmonton. And that is far more than mere altitude.

One of the techs was telling me their asphalt compound is different because it helps the pro/funnycar racers but is murder on streets. If there's any dampness at all it's as slick as ice.

I'm gonna try again next year after I switch to a full on summer tire and see how it goes.

Khyron
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

According to someone on Beyond.. there wont be a next year!

Race city will only operate for private rentals because of lack of funding..

Comment

WTF!! 25/head and over 50 cars and they can't afford to keep it open!! bah whatever we can have NVD day then

Comment

For sure Edmonton is a little faster, from my observations of others.
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Race City is not that bad. I hit consistent 2.1-2.2 60ft times no matter the weather conditions. Where was that turbo Jetta tuned? If it was tuned out east that might have lots to do with the performance here.
                              Last edited by greenGS; 10-11-2005, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X