Best place to get wondows tinted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to get wondows tinted?

Hey all, I'm planning on getting my windows tinted this week. Can anyone recommend a good shop that I can bring my baby to. Thanks in advance!
    Derick

Shadow Tinting,, is great,, I'm sure there are others that are good. not sure which ones.
    Don't go to the VW dude in northland,, bad service.

I picked up the metalized tint,, costs a little more,, but lasts longer and is overall a better quality.

Good luck
    :donking:

Comment

Cool:thumbsup: Thanks Reflex1.8T! I'll check Shadow Tinting out.

Didn't even know that Northland VW does tint
      Derick

Comment

Performance-Tint is pretty good too. they work out of RPM racing sometimes.
        "I live my life a Quarter Pounder at a time. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm not hungry."

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bbrother/sigs/oizo.gif

Comment

Dude, that's a sweet GIF in your sig:thumbsup:

Thanks for the lead. I'm a little skepticle to bring my car to RPM though. I've heard a lot of horror stories about that place and can even tell you some first-hand account experiences with em that were pretty bad.

I'll contact Performance tint anyways.

Thanks again!
          Derick

Comment

I did mine at Icon window films... and they did a good job with a lifetime warranty.
            Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Originally posted by C-town Driver
              Dude, that's a sweet GIF in your sig:thumbsup:

Thanks for the lead. I'm a little skepticle to bring my car to RPM though. I've heard a lot of horror stories about that place and can even tell you some first-hand account experiences with em that were pretty bad.

I'll contact Performance tint anyways.

Thanks again!
              I think they work out of RPM just for the space, not any affiliation. If you call them, the guy's name is Dickson. He's pretty cool and does pretty good work.
              "I live my life a Quarter Pounder at a time. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm not hungry."

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bbrother/sigs/oizo.gif

Comment

I got my 35% all around done by northland. The guy who does it does the clear bras and tinting for the entire Hyatt Auto Group. When I used to work at NW acura he was always around. He did a great job on my jetta, and it costed the same as the other places.

Comment

I have had old GTI and my current one done at Icon. They were both top notch and the price is the best in the city. My 2 cents.

Comment

How much does this cost?
                    Nick
                    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for everyones input. I called a few of these places and ended up calling Trimline (cuz Ian N. originally recommended it). They still only do commercial tinting but will be doing tint on personal vehicles in the near future. They, in turn, recommended Tintmaster and said they do very good work. So I called them, and scheduled an appointment for Thursday at lunch. For all 7 windows done in metalized tint (I believe it was called Sungaurd or something) they're charging $279 + tax. I'm not too concerned about getting the lowest price, as long as the work is done right and is backed up with a good warranty.

So what's the 411? Has anyone ever had Tintmaster do their windows?
                      Derick

Comment

Check out Performance Tint - they did my '02 1.8T Jetta - 5 windows for about $160, tint was G20 (whatever that means) in Sept '02.
                        The guy also gave me a warranty on his work for a year.
                        He had also done my previous car - Honda Prelude (00) and the tint never bubbled or peeled.

He takes his time doing it, but he is good.
                        Dickson Lo - cell: 650-7679, or phone: 236-2188 the only thing is having to deal with the people at RPM but you pay Dickson - not them.

Comment

Thanks for everyones help

I just got my car back tonight and I must say I'm very pleased with the results. I'll post pics one of these days when the weather stays nice long enough to clean the ride. :beer:
                          Derick

Comment

I got my Jetta tinted by Stacey @ Freestyle design. This is the third car hes tinted for me, and has done an awesome job everytime.
                            Excellent

Comment

Working...
                            X