2008 VW Scirocco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 VW Scirocco

Rumors are surfacing of a new Scirocco being built on the Golf V platform. The car would be a 2+2 and is said to feature the new turbo and supercharged 1.4L engine with 170hp from the Golf GT. Could be interesting!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2008 VW Scirocco

Why couldn't it be a new Corrado, something about the Scirocco name that makes my skin crawl....

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleboy
      Why couldn't it be a new Corrado, something about the Scirocco name that makes my skin crawl....
      I'm a bit confused as to why they wouldn't use Corrado either, but I do welcome the idea of a new Scirocco/Corrado. The only downside is it sounds like it will keep with the tradition of them as well, big heavy car, small underpowered engine (with the exception of the 93-95 VR6 Corrado)
      Jay

Comment

They might make a quicker version too... I hope... seeing something like that with a 2.0t or 3.2/3.6 would be ok.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I think the corrado name is bad too, with bad numbers, poor reliability, they would probably commit car sales suicide by calling it the corrado (although I sure prefer that over scirocco...)
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

i'd wish for a new rado that rocco

Comment

Sweet! I hope this comes out.

Present
              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
              2003 VW Jetta GLI
              1992 VW Jetta GL
              1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I like the sketch. Any rumours on an ETA, if it does happen.
                Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Originally posted by liquid
                  I like the sketch. Any rumours on an ETA, if it does happen.
                  More importantly, any rumours on the price?

Ive got a feeling it'll cost as much as a g35 lol
                  REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                  -james

Comment

20,000 Euros was the estimated price, that maybe put the starting price around the 30,000 mark here, so below a GTI.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                      20,000 Euros was the estimated price, that maybe put the starting price around the 30,000 mark here, so below a GTI.
                      That makes sense if they're putting an economy maximizing engine in it. Also that helps justify the Scirocco name.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                        Also that helps justify the Scirocco name.
                        BURN!!! Cheap, slow, boring...we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Well this seems to be getting near official as the VW execs are talking about it. The name is looking to be changed to the Rivo and the twin charger engine will be the base with 2.0T optional and even a 3.2L V6 with 4-motion top of the line version. Essentially this will be the coupe version of the Eos convertible so similar looks with a different roofline.
                          Blair

Comment

Working...
                          X