1.8t clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.8t clutch

ever since i baught my car whenever i go to start the car, push in the clutch and start it up....when i push in the clutch it makes a screeching noise and when its about 3/4 in and it requires a little bit more force to push in the rest of the clutch..does anyone have any suggestions? thanks guys

Re: 1.8t clutch

How old is the clutch?

Comment

Originally posted by B5
      How old is the clutch?
      56000km on the car

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I have read about this before and I think there is a bushing inthe pedal that gets old and needs some lub or something. I would take a look through the vortex and see if anything comes up.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

alright thanks guys ill check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
            Correct me if I am wrong but I think I have read about this before and I think there is a bushing inthe pedal that gets old and needs some lub or something. I would take a look through the vortex and see if anything comes up.
            I had the dealership lube up my pedal somehow to solve a similar problem. It came back but oh well.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

im just scared could it be a sign as to whether the clutch is going??
              Last edited by forreal; 09-29-2005, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Lubed up my clutch pedal, weird noise went away. And this is on a 2005 TDi w/45000km. Although I do get a weird, juddery feeling sometimes when you are feathering it when you have it under load.

Comment

my clutch clicks when i push it in.. its always done it i think.. anybody elses do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                    my clutch clicks when i push it in.. its always done it i think.. anybody elses do this?

i got my clutch pedal linkage or something lubed from the dealership and now its so smooth...

Comment

Working...
                    X