Wheel Clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Clearance

I just wanted to ask a little favor of someone on here. It has to be someone that hasn't altered their stock driving height and with the stock 17's (Jetta). I need someone to measure the gap between the tire and fender, front and back. Also, I need the measurement from the ground to the point on the side skirt just behind the front tire, as well as just in front of the rear tire. Post these measurements on here. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Re: Wheel Clearance

Front wheel gap: 3"
    Rear wheel gap: 3"

ground to sideskirt (front): 8"
    ground to sideskirt (rear): 9"

(sideskirt measurements taken to the base of plastic, NOT to the metal lip that the jack goes to). 17" longbeaches, on '01 Wolfsburg Ed (stock "sport" suspension)

hope that helps!
    1.8T
    Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

2" drop and stock 15s is the only way to roll.. tucking ghetto style.

Comment

bah! 4x4's rule!

...and since I drive my car year round in all the snow, I'd rather not lower it too much :(
        1.8T
        Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Holy crap, apparently my rear has dropped 0.5" due to stereo equip....I'm about 8.5" front and back. Booooo.
          Last edited by dubs_17; 09-30-2005, 10:18 PM.
          '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
          --DUBS--

Comment

I figure I can fix up this problem with a set of coilovers. Does anyone know of a good pricing on H&R coilovers? This way I figure I can bring down the front 2" (or more) and the rear around 1" to get the rake back. Right now, everything's sitting level. I'm open to other suggestions...throw 'em at me
            Last edited by dubs_17; 09-30-2005, 10:19 PM.
            '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
            --DUBS--

Comment

Originally posted by dubs_17
              Holy crap, apparently my rear has dropped 0.5" due to stereo equip....
              Thats it? man you need more gear back there With an aftermarket suspension you won't notice as much of a change as the springs will be much stiffer. From what mos have said around calgary that coilovers are not he way to go. Chad had his sieze I believe the first winter he had them on (even with propper maintance). Also most suspension kits will be way way cheaper then coilovers.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

The thing with kits (ie. cup kit, etc) is that I can't adjust for the lost height in the rear to get my rake back. I don't want my car level when all is said and done. I know the H&R kit is 2.0/1.7 lowering, but I need something more like 2.0/1.2. Also, am I going to hate aftermarket susp. after having Veedub sport suspension? Has anyone here lowered their Jetta after having put a load of stereo equip. in the back? Post pics if you have.
                Last edited by dubs_17; 10-01-2005, 05:49 PM.
                '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
                --DUBS--

Comment

Working...
                X