Jetta Highbeams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetta Highbeams

I've been doing a lot of night driving out of the city and would really like more light on these trips. I already have Sylvania Silverstars but they don't seem to put out a huge amount of light on highbeam mode. If find the brightest and best setting to be holding the headlight switch back in the "flash" position but this is a huge pain in the butt. Is there anyway to rewire the headlights to project the "flash" mode amount of light on the highbeam setting so I wouldn't have to hold the switch?
    Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
    APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Re: Jetta Highbeams

you need hids lol.. i'll never drive a car with halogens again.. or get ecodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tromping_Maniac
      I've been doing a lot of night driving out of the city and would really like more light on these trips. I already have Sylvania Silverstars but they don't seem to put out a huge amount of light on highbeam mode. If find the brightest and best setting to be holding the headlight switch back in the "flash" position but this is a huge pain in the butt. Is there anyway to rewire the headlights to project the "flash" mode amount of light on the highbeam setting so I wouldn't have to hold the switch?
      A Jetta has the one bulb with 2 filiments, I think if you keep holding the switch back, it will only be a matter of time before one of the two filiments overheat and burn out, thats where the Silverstars 1 year warrenty come in.

Comment

If you're looking for an easy, fairly inexpensive fix (definately cheaper than HID's), just get some e-codes. They put out much better light than your existing headlights. The only downfall is you will not be able to use your Silverstars because they are a different type of bulb, so new bulbs would definately be in order
        Kyle
        2000 Audi S4

Comment

nope you can kyle.. when i had my ecodes for the whole 2 weeks lol i bought all silverstar bulbs for them including fog ones.. crappy tire carries them now

but yes your are right.. you cannot use your existing bulbs
          Last edited by R_Ethug; 09-20-2005, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Ya, I know I should have been more clear. You cannot use your EXISTING Silverstars. You will need to buy the other type of Silverstars.
            Kyle
            2000 Audi S4

Comment

I’m sure the answer must be HID if you have the coin. I find the OEM beam pattern is absolutely bad design. My solution to it is just simply aim it higher. This will put more lights on the roads and road-signs.

Comment

after putting in the e-codes, I can definitely say they help with the night driving!! The ecodes (and new bulbs ) are a huge improvement over stock!
                1.8T
                Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Well it looks like I'll be saving up for some E-codes. Can you guys recommend the best ones, I've heard lousy things about FK on the Vortex.
                  Bryce

APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

i was happy with my hellas

ebay search 8000492167

can't beat that price hey even after shipping and no i didn't pay duty on mine when i had them

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                      i was happy with my hellas

ebay search 8000492167

can't beat that price hey even after shipping and no i didn't pay duty on mine when i had them
                      Thanks Ryan, I'll have to place a bid.
                      Bryce

Comment

Working...
                      X