Removing Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Stereo

Does anyone know an easy way to remove the stock double din stereo without the actual removal tools? I tried the cut up credit card trick that worked with the single din, but I can't seem to get it. Or can anyone find a good picture of the stereo removed? I can't seem to find one anywhere, if I could see the top I could probably get the thing out. Thanks.
    2007 BMW 328XI

Re: Removing Stereo

Took two of us to get it with cc's. Or just borrow the tools - I bet even the dealerships would let you borrow the keys for a sec to pop the stereo.

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Yeah, the guys at Best Buy were willing to let me borrow the tools to get the stereo out they just didn't have the keys for the tool box. Was just hoping to get the new toys installed tonight. I suppose patience is a virtue!
      2007 BMW 328XI

Comment

stealership did mine for free in 5 minutes... maybe give your local dealer a try...

Comment

yea if the CC's don't work just pop by a dealer and they'll do it in 2 minutes for you.

Comment

I have the tools, but you have to come to tuscany to use them!
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Working...
            X