50+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50+

Anyone on here have an experience with 50+ speeding tickets? Careless driving is the charge... Don't ask
    -- Mark --
    I want my VW to be fast.
    2001 Blue Lagoon Jetta GLS 1.8T
    Terrorists suck!

Re: 50+

umm i wont answer that, but ask them if 49 over is careless... you got a careless because there were probably other cars around, so you can argue its was an open road and you were the only one, then it wont be careless. but as for speed, there isnt much...
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

138 in an 80 zone. 1:07AM. Clear, dry. NO other vehicles whatsoever.

Careless driving... sec. 115 2(p)... 6 demerits, plus a fine assessment by a judge or pulling my license for 30/60/90... apparently.
      -- Mark --
      I want my VW to be fast.
      Terrorists suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Electrofuzz
        138 in an 80 zone. 1:07AM. Clear, dry. NO other vehicles whatsoever.

Careless driving... sec. 115 2(p)... 6 demerits, plus a fine assessment by a judge or pulling my license for 30/60/90... apparently.
        dude call points i had one 5 years ago i'll try to find his name,i think it's
        nestor,this guy saved my ass..you don't want that charge it'll kill ya..
        insurance will triple, loss of license..he got me off on a plea bargain with
        the prosecutor stiff fine and 3 demerits but no careless driving just speeding.
        that charge is almost the same as drunk driving..

Comment

yea i'd call points..

Comment

A careless driving also carries with it a 50% insurance surcharge.

If they suspend your license you will get another 50% surcharge.

You will also be dropped from main market carriers and have to get facility insurance which makes it even uglier.

I had a careless when I was 22 and it made my insurance on a chevy sprint almost 3k a year.

You are gonna wanna fight this one hardcore.

Comment

I don't see how speeding is necessarilly careless driving, no matter what the speed...
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I read the section of the Traffic Safety Act that is on my ticket and it says "exceed posted speed limit on a Highway, etc, etc, etc" but doesn't I didn't get assessed a fine because of the type of speed. I went in to the police station today and asked and they said if I was charged with careless driving, the ticket would have a different section and say "careless driving"
                not speed. They suggested I talk to the crown and plead guilty to 49 over for 351 dollars and six demerits.

Apparently it is NOT a careless driving charge. I just have to go to court so the judge can assess a fine and points, etc. Nonetheless, I listed the bike this morning and it sold so the police said that will help in court.
                -- Mark --
                I want my VW to be fast.
                Terrorists suck!

Comment

I would DEFINATLY seek council on this one if you value your insurance. I know two people who got 187/110 tickets (exceeded posted speed limit) (seperate vehicles, pulled over at same time). One chose to go through pointts, the other chose to go to court on his own.

Without Legal: 600 fine, 6 demerits, 45 day suspended licence. Paid through the teeth as a result

With: Ticket reduced to 50 over, 6 demerits, no suspension, 350 dollar fine. Cost: $250

Basically saved the suspension and ticket was ruled "minor", and so insurance went up marginally.

This was WORST case scenario, because it happened in Wetaskawin, and had to be brought to Calgary. Local tickets are generally more successful.

It was Charlie at pointts who took the case.
                  Candy White 2007 GTI APR'd

Comment

Originally posted by Electrofuzz
                    Anyone on here have an experience with 50+ speeding tickets? Careless driving is the charge... Don't ask
                    I got a speeding ticket yesterday 145 in a 90 zone. 360$

but mine was in b.c. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                      I don't see how speeding is necessarilly careless driving, no matter what the speed...
                      belive it or not Kor has a good point.....speeders are more aware of whats going on and thier eyes are glued to the road, where as your average driver is eating a burger with one hand and trying to wipe thier face with a napkin wiht the other hand while trying to keep the steering wheel straigth wiht thier knee
                      Last edited by forreal; 09-06-2005, 01:30 PM.

Comment

mmmmmmm.. burrrggeer

Comment

Originally posted by forreal
                          belive it or not Kor has a good point.....speeders are more aware of whats going on and thier eyes are glued to the road, where as your average driver is eating a burger with one hand and trying to wipe thier face with a napkin wiht the other hand while trying to keep the steering wheel straigth wiht thier knee
                          Good point, but in no way does having your eyes glued to the road while speeding make you a better driver. You are still just as prone to making a mistake as the guy eating and driving with his knee.
                          Kyle
                          2000 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by forreal
                            belive it or not Kor has a good point.....
                            Is that a burn?
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                              Is that a burn?
                              oh no man...im just saying that like from what i've seen and experienced the guy/gal thats speeding and saying hes in the right state of mind to drive ie. not DRUNK, he/she will be more aware of whats going on the road, where'as a guy in a automatic doing 60km/h in a 70km/h zone comes by just crusing down the road looking at his sourroundings not really keeping his eyes on the road....

Kor im not trying to burn anyone man im just agreeing with what you belive in which is "speeding is not careless driving"..

p.s i think its time to close this thread as it might be goign in the wrong direction

Comment

Working...
                              X