Going to paint valences next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to paint valences next week

Anyone know any good autobody's in the NW of Calgary for good paint work? I hope painting the front and rear valences dont cost over $200 :(

QuA
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

There was just a post about this and Simon made a recommendation...

http://www.newveedub.com/forums/show...=&threadid=289

also

http://www.newveedub.com/forums/show...=&threadid=726

Let me know how it turns out, I want my rear done.
    Last edited by Kor; 04-27-2003, 01:33 AM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Concept 1 ,, suggested to me Courtsey Chrisler 255-4334,, that's were they send there stuff to get done,, I called them and they said $190 painted ,, for front & rear. Not bad. I will be getting mine done soon also.

Comment

Sounds like a fair deal, our valences need to be sanded first too right?
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

KOR : Ya I think that's all included as far as I can recall. Either Joe or Jerry, you should talk to,, I think I talked to Joe. He said just bring them down and within a couple or few days they will be done.

Can anyone help me out on how to remove the front valence
          since I have the new 2002.5 rear valance already purchased.
          If I have mud gaurds on the rear I'm guessing I have to room those to remove the rear valence right? Do I have to remove the wheels to do this?
          Has anyone this before?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the info! $190 is a very reasonable price. I'll be phoning for sure.

QuA

Comment

they dont HAVE to be sanded, and in any case watch out, paint is not made to stick on that area
              i painted mine and it looks great, but had to re-do back :( but my body guy did it for free
              20V FI is the replacement for displacement.

Comment

reflex... I found this thread on the Vortex, on how to remove the front valence. It doesn't sound too hard.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=198659
                Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

I thought sanding and then applying flex agent and then painting would result in less peeling for a plastic material. Thats what vortex members done with no peeling or cracking.

Comment

I think you really *need* to make sure they sand them properly. I know a guy who had an older bmw done cheap and he just assumed they would know what they were doing... they didn't.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                    X