Fun at the gas station.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun at the gas station.

So I go and fill up with my usual Mohawk 94 and the bill comes to sixty bucks. I am near tears but then my saving grace storms in...

This late 40's dude with an Escalade has just had a fill up that was at or near $150.00. And he is having a hissy-fit.

'I can't f-n believe this. Fifteen cents in one day.'

I console him with 'huh, I thought it was more like 20.'

He thinks for a moment, 'Well whatever this is f-n s-t gouging f-n b-ls-t. I use at least a tank a week going to work and day to day driving!'

The spirit of Mother Theresa speaks to me and tells me to say 'Damn man, thats like eight thousand dollars a year at least!'

A moment of silence as the hamster comes up to speed on the wheel. I can almost hear the pot boiling.

My soft side can't help but to try and calm him further, 'Wow. $150 eh? Man, I can fill all three of my little cars for that much.'

I thought it was time to go when the clerk at the store said 'Sir, did you know your credit card is expired?'

TODAY IS SUCKS-DAY FOR YOU BUCKO!

Re: Fun at the gas station.

How you like your Escaades and H2s on 28's now biyatch!!! LOL. 60 bucks for a full tank sucks, but what can we do about it? suck it up, or sell our cars. I think I will suck it up.

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

gas went up guys buy it if you can i was in crowfoot coming home and regular went up to 115!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF it'll go down in a week after the long weekend.. farking bastards

Comment

Ahaha I'm still going 94 oct, don't care what it costs, as long as it makes people reconsider buying those mamoth bohemeths. I still think gas will go back down in the next few months - this is a disaster fluctuation, not a demand one.

Khyron
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

oh for sure geoff.. they can just say.. oh that hurricane and the long weekend is why it went up.. then next month it'll be low 90s again

Comment

In Salmon Arm B.C. it was 108 for reg Golden and Kamloops B.C.were 103and at my folks it was 105in 100 Mile House and I heard that gas in Montreal was at 130.1
            12 Volvo XC 90
            03 Jetta1.8T
            95 Cabrio VRT
            90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

damnnnnn am i ever so happy i have a 1.8 and not a 4litre suv

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                gas went up guys buy it if you can i was in crowfoot coming home and regular went up to 115!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF it'll go down in a week after the long weekend.. farking bastards
                Yea I saw this on the way home coming through Crowfoot as well...
                A coworker went to get gas and came back all white...

Comment

Yeah i saw some chick getting a bit hissy when her mini van sucked back $70 bucks, Im so glad I went with the diesel with a 1/4 tank cost me $39 to fill.
                  Thats what my talon cost at 90 cents per liter and didnt even get half the milage
                  Last edited by JettaSport; 09-01-2005, 07:08 PM.
                  Chris :

2004 Jetta TDI Sport SOLD
                  2010 Toyota Tundra CrewCab TRD

Comment

A 16% increase in one day seems like there is something fishy going on, and of course right before a long weekend. I saw the guy near my office changing the sign to 114 and I thought it must be a joke but that is just freaking nuts. I am glad that I am driving a car that gets 60mpg thats for sure and hopefully diesel did not go up as much.

And not to get off topic but I can hardly believe how the Americans in New Orleans are behaving that is truely disgusting
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                      And not to get off topic but I can hardly believe how the Americans in New Orleans are behaving that is truely disgusting
                      Werd to that. Everyday I lose more and more of the little remaining faith I have in humanity.

Present
                      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                      2003 VW Jetta GLI
                      1992 VW Jetta GL
                      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Holy crap. Just this morning I put in 10 bucks at 97.9. I knew I should have filled it up. Oh well, I've been trying to walk more and drive less lately anyway. Guess this is just more motivation.
                        Yuval
                        2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

I filled up a week ago (to the day!) at 93cents/Litre (okay, 1.04 for premium ). It's been spiking up in Ottawa to 1.20 - 1.30!! And yet there are still morons who leave their car idling in the parking lot at the liquor store, as they run in to grab something...
                          1.8T
                          Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

I filled up this morning in Crowfoot for $0.989 or whatever it was at 8 this morning. Stopped in Golden for piss, FasGas wanted $1.20, Esso was $1.11. Enderby was $1.05. Vernon (where I filled) $1.18. These are all for REGULAR. I never payed $50 for a tank in my life.

On my way to Vancouver. Hear it us upwards of $1.40. This is gonna suck....

Jeff
                            01 Jetta GLS
                            Jeff
                            Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
                            Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

most of the refineries in the new orleans area have been shut down or severely degraded due to the storm damage. it's too early to tell how long it will take to get them back to full steam. until then, i could only look at guys like blair and nismodrifter and envy what they are paying for gas.

if you are planning a trip, get your air tickets now while it's "normal". jet fuel prices are likely to shoot up very soon once the 2 wk reserves run out.
                              2004 EOS 20D

www.photobolic.com

Comment

Working...
                              X