The Coils are at it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Coils are at it again!

LOL either picture works. I was just thinking could it be a crappy wire that goes to the coilpacks?
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
      LOL either picture works. I was just thinking could it be a crappy wire that goes to the coilpacks?
      I think it's his coil popping up not the crappy cracking wires that go to the coil packs. Man are those wires shitty!
      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
      You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
        I think it's his coil popping up not the crappy cracking wires that go to the coil packs. Man are those wires shitty!
        Duct tape will fix that problem
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
          Duct tape will fix that problem
          Spoken like a true handyman!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
          You dig sucka?!

Comment

Doesn’t matter you finger me or not I think Tromping M’s car still has problems. If the problem was small enough then I guess he will not bother to make a post of asking why(or help). No one likes to fork out money to fix their near brand new car or a repeat problem.

Hay, that all you guy can do??? A finger? LOL. I grew up in a very rough school with rough classmates and teachers.

I wonder why moderators will allowed such act. IMO, it is getting to the personal point. Don’t you think moderators?

Should someone take it to PM or is going to become a LOCK post? People make mistakes not once, twice but three, four or five times.

Kor.

I appreciated your comments. Thanks. That’s right. Why should hate when someone is still believing.

Comment

Originally posted by B5
              I wonder why moderators will allowed such act. IMO, it is getting to the personal point. Don’t you think moderators?
              Yes I do wonder when you start off attacking me first off, hell you didn't even keep the thread on topic at all. By you keeping talking with your head up your pie hole will not "increase the peace"

Now on topic I am interested to see what the fix will be, my guess is a bad wire inside the sheathing or like Dave said the coil poping up as I can see intermittant spark with that happening.

Comment

Wouldn't I be throwing codes if it was the case of an intermittent spark?
                Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
                APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

On topic please
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Tromping_Maniac
                    Wouldn't I be throwing codes if it was the case of an intermittent spark?
                    you should throw a sparadic DTC for cylinder misfire.
                    as for the coils popping up ,clean off the ribs with brake clean and then
                    wrap hockey tape around them.the tape with the engine heat will bond
                    internally in the valve cover,but yet still easy to remove when neccassary.

does this misfire occur only when idling.????

Comment

Originally posted by gtx
                      you should throw a sparadic DTC for cylinder misfire.
                      as for the coils popping up ,clean off the ribs with brake clean and then
                      wrap hockey tape around them.the tape with the engine heat will bond
                      internally in the valve cover,but yet still easy to remove when neccassary.

does this misfire occur only when idling.????
                      Hockey tape is a good idea! But if the vehicle is still under warranty we should fix it to OEM specifications.

You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
                        Hockey tape is a good idea! But if the vehicle is still under warranty we should fix it to OEM specifications.

if under warranty how many times have those coil packs been in or out...
                        might have worn rib's..wear and tear...

Comment

I took a look at the one coil pack that has been consistently popping up with Kyron today. It seems that there is a gap in the metal housing that is much bigger than the others and that the ribs seem to be a little more worn. Although its a mystery as to why this one coil is popping up and not the others as I have only really has the coils out once when I changed my spark plugs until now.
                          Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
                          APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

Working...
                          X