The Coils are at it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coils are at it again!

Well after about 15,000km on these "good coil packs" they are starting to act up again. Tonight I got back from doing some testing on my car with VTune and noticed that Coils on Cyl 1,2 are jumping up again. So I pulled them out to check the spark plugs to make sure they were tight because last time the dealer said they weren't tight and the compression of the engine was pushing them up (ya right, not buying it) and charged me 55 bones to "retorque" them. Anyway they were tight just like they were last time. So what gives? Do I need new coil packs again?
    Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
    APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Re: The Coils are at it again!

Our StoneWell will remind you that you are driving a VW. And the parts are expected not last longer than the ice going to melt from the beer bottle.

Replace them for good.

Comment

Originally posted by B5
      : And the parts are expected not last longer than the ice going to melt from the beer bottle.
      First off just what the hell does this mean? anyone know?
      Second off I don't comment on things I don't know IE being gas engines. Now go shove a Mr.Burns avatar up your dingle.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Posted for presence of referenced avatar

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Tromping_Maniac
          Well after about 15,000km on these "good coil packs" they are starting to act up again. Tonight I got back from doing some testing on my car with VTune and noticed that Coils on Cyl 1,2 are jumping up again. So I pulled them out to check the spark plugs to make sure they were tight because last time the dealer said they weren't tight and the compression of the engine was pushing them up (ya right, not buying it) and charged me 55 bones to "retorque" them. Anyway they were tight just like they were last time. So what gives? Do I need new coil packs again?
          That's weird, I don't recall ever seeing this happen. You may want to try new coils and see if this happens again. if it does I would check your valve cover. It could be a defective one, maybe a flaw in the casting/machining process. The holes maybe bigger causing your coils to vibrate loose. As you know the coils are not held in by bolts like the early generation MK4 they are interference fit.
          I may be reaching on this one but it's the only thing I can think of.
          Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
          You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by B5

Our StoneWell will remind you that you are driving a VW. And the parts are expected not last longer than the ice going to melt from the beer bottle.

Replace them for good.
            What the F-U-C-K are you talking about? That made less sense than most of your other posts......which means it is REALLY screwed.....
            Kyle
            2000 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by B5

I love it. Less hate, increase da peace.
              Last edited by Kor; 08-30-2005, 09:58 AM.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Thanks Dave, I'll talk to the dealer today and see if they'll replace them again.
                Bryce

APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                  I love it. Less hate, increase da peace.
                  I love it.

LOL

I have this Weird imagine in my head, Nope we won't go there! LOL

Cordialtea
                  Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tromping_Maniac
                    Thanks Dave, I'll talk to the dealer today and see if they'll replace them again.
                    NP. You should come see me. What dealer are you going to?
                    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                    You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
                      NP. You should come see me. What dealer are you going to?
                      I usually go to NL. I would come see you but SCFC is way out of my way. I guess we'll see how this NL experience goes, who knows I might be coming to see you.
                      Bryce

Comment

I bet you would happier with Dave working on your Car even if it is a bit of a commute to the dealership.

I found that out the hard while on Vancouver Island. Speedway VW has the worst reputation in Victoria, then it was Sunwest(Courtenay,BC) They were no problem for me before I moved, then Harbourview(Nanaimo) had the best.

Cordialtea/ Judy

Comment

how about referencing this pic instead Stonewall :
                          Attached Files
                          put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

People are looking at me in my office cuz I'm chuckling at this thread... http://engrish.com/

As for the coils, did VW ever implement a "lifetime replacement" type thing after that recall? Or are you boned if they fail for a second time after replacement?
                          Derick

Comment

Originally posted by Derick
                            People are looking at me in my office cuz I'm chuckling at this thread... http://engrish.com/

As for the coils, did VW ever implement a "lifetime replacement" type thing after that recall? Or are you boned if they fail for a second time after replacement?
                            LOL at the Website!

Cordialtea

Comment

• Working...
                              X