Lupos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupos

New generation of Lupo is a Brazilian made model that is already for sale south of the border:

These cars are made in Brazil and shipped to Europe.

http://www.vw.com.mx/CWE/estudio/Lupo/LUP_001HOME/

I wonder how hard it would be to purchase and drive through States to Canada then get across border with Duty and everything?

What are your thoughts? Does anyone have a Translater for the page?

Cordialtea
    Last edited by Cordialtea; 08-29-2005, 10:26 PM.
    Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Re: Lupos

Originally posted by Cordialtea
    What are your thoughts?
    Good luck getting insurance.
    You can only legally import a vehicle that is already sold here or is more then 15 years old.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
      You can only legally import a vehicle that is already sold here or is more then 15 years old.
      I was wondering it there was some legality when it came to importing them. I can't afford it but thought it would be an interesting discussion for the most part.

Too bad we can't import these because wouldn't that be great if we could?

Cordialtea

Comment

http://www.ciao.co.uk/VW_Polo_GTI__R...00/SortOrder/1

Fun but problematic

A review by simoncorriganuk on VW Polo GTI
        July 4th, 2005

Author's product rating:

Reliability Satisfactory
        Comfort Satisfactory
        Handling Good
        Looks Good
        Features Satisfactory

Advantages: Fast and Fun
        Disadvantages: VW Dealership

Recommend to potential buyers: yes

Full review
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had this car for nearly 5 years now from new. The car is great fun to drive, handles very well and the commute to work is a giggle. Other than a set of super sticky tyres and an sporty air filter the car is stock. It hasn't been plain sailing as it has been back and forwards to VW for a catalogue of problems. First being the clutch went fairly early on and was eventually replaced under warranty. Pedal box recall again done under warranty. Corrosion to the BSS alloys needed refurb but has to cough up myself as it was due to `fair wear and tear'. Various light have come on and the car has gone into safe mode for no reason. Also had several clutch cables as all models were originally left hand drive and converted for UK market therefore clutch cable takes and unusual routing. VW customer service is an oxymoron and none existent with VW dealers being fairly dire. The interior is fairly well screwed together and comes with all the toys (aircon, e/w, cd multichanger etc). Servicing at the dealers is expensive but worth having the book stamped when it comes to selling it. Petrol wise I have always used super unleaded (ron 97/98) as recommended but this is expensive, however as the car has been spoilt since new she seems to get upset when the normal stuff is put in. I would say if you are buying one of these take out a third party warranty (NOT a VW extended warranty) as cam belt tensioners are know to go around 50-60k also check the pedal box recall has been carried out. If you look after it, its a fun car to have. Check out www.pologti.com this has a really useful forum for Polo GTI users and helped me solve some of the problems I've had.

BAD NEWS 9/08/05

I have managed to write this off having hit a tree. A testerment to the cars strength that I walked awy from it with no injury. Boy racer days are now over - well for a few weeks anyway.
        Last edited by Cordialtea; 08-30-2005, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall

Not true. There are TWO Mitsubishi Evolution 8 registered and licensed in Calgary area. There are gray areas. You just need to find ways to work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by B5
            Not true. There are TWO Mitsubishi Evolution 8 registered and licensed in Calgary area. There are gray areas. You just need to find ways to work it out.

They were brought in as Lancers back when they first came out before the gov't figured it out and changed the rules. so NO you can't get a Lupo here legally.
            Last edited by Mr. Burns; 08-30-2005, 07:09 AM.

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
              They were brought in as Lancers back when they first came out before the gov't figured it out and changed the rules. so NO you can't get a Lupo here legally.
              ^ ^ thats what I heard
              REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
              -james

Comment

"To import a vehicle legally to Canada from a country other than the United States, the vehicle must be 15 years old to the month. This is the only exception that is accepted by both the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) and Transport Canada (TC) for importing used cars. There are other exceptions legislated by the CCRA, but because they aren't also legislated by Transport Canada, they aren't feasible."

http://www.importconcern.ca/articles/import.htm#1.1

Also they have some cool 15year old cars for sale, from Asia!

1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R anyone?
                Last edited by Russell; 08-30-2005, 08:07 AM.
                2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

If i was bringing in a car from Japan it would have to be the Eunos Cosmo... if only becasue not many people have one... hell i didn't even know they existed until I saw this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...ighlight=cosmo

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 08-30-2005, 08:12 AM.

Present
                  2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                  2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                  2003 VW Jetta GLI
                  1992 VW Jetta GL
                  1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
                    If i was bringing in a car from Japan it would have to be the Eunos Cosmo... if only becasue not many people have one... hell i didn't even know they existed until I saw this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...ighlight=cosmo

Nice looking Car.

well time to look at older cars and dream.

Cordialtea

Comment

I believe you can bring any car across if you bring the engine separate from the body. You can import both as automotive parts, assemble the car and register it as a custom built car (I think). It may not be practical for a daily driver but pretty sure it can be done.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

COOL

Judy (cordialtea)

Comment

A little light reading....

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation/menu.htm

Comment

Any attempt to circumvent these regulations by disassembling a non-admissable vehicle and shipping the parts separately will be refused admission at customs. Only parts manufactured for conforming vehicles or parts manufactured by a secondary parts manufacturer can now be imported into Canada.
                            Looks like I was wrong, you used to be able to do this.

The law looks pretty tight I do not think there is a way to circumvent this anymore.
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

There is but i know someone who would not wish me to go further... think about the wording and you may see a way! There is always a way!
                              EU Tuning
                              European Performance Products
                              www.eutuning.ca
                              slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Working...
                              X