GTI 1.8T Chipped vs Civic HB with Type-R swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTI 1.8T Chipped vs Civic HB with Type-R swap

Normally I don't condone street racing but on my way home tonight I saw this Civic Hatch with a Spoon sticker on the door.

We were just driving normally when we got a very open stretch of road. I was cruising in 4th gear (around 4500 rpm) when I noticed him coming up quick. I waited till he was fairly close and just floored it. I pretty much knew he would pass and I wouldn't catch him as the 1.8T runs out of breath pretty quick at the top end. Well he ended up passing a kept about a car to a car and a half (could be more...could be less...I'm terrible at judging distance) and we stayed like that for most of the race.

At the lights I talked with the guy briefly. I asked him what he had...he told me it was a Type-R swap and that he surprises a lot of people. I wasn't that surprised as I was expecting something other than a stock civic. Anyway, he seemed like a nice guy. Anyone now who this is or if he is on the board? I would like to run him again at Race City from a stop. This would make it a lot fairer for me. I would even do a 2nd or 3rd gear roll. I think being in 4th for me was a disadvantage but whatever....it was fun!!
Working...
X