EVO CAI off vortex pretty good deal right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVO CAI off vortex pretty good deal right now

I think I'm going to order one of these EVO CAI for my 1.8T this week. There is a sale on vortex right now on these. Equal gains to the AEM and Carbonio.. Anyone in Calgary have a vag-com so I can erase my battery removal codes when I go to install it. Maybe at the may 8th meet I can get some of you guys to help me install it.:beer:

hey lscg2, volinder is selling his carbonio intake for a pretty good price, so if you might want to pick that up. save on shipping and duties as well as its a good deal!
    Simon

Comment

Why is he selling it? That thing sounded rad the other night. If the price was right I would consider it.

Ryan.

Comment

i think he's trying to get rid of his intake and exhaust. wants a more low key car.

the intake is $300 USD new ($450 CAD) so he's selling for $200 USD ($300 CAD). only been on his car for 6000km i think.

wow i sound like volinders salesman.
        Simon

Comment

Nah thats too much I'm getting EVO next week for 179 US. Although that is a good deal for it considering how much they cost new.

Comment

umm the AEM intake is aluminum pipeing with a K&N or similiar filter on the end.
            The evolution motorsports is special PVC with K&N or similiar
            carbonio is carbon fibre pipeing with K&N or similiar

from my understandings they basically all sound the same and will give us a nice 8-12HP gain on our 1.8Ts

Comment

On a day like today do these things not get soaked?
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianTurbo
                On a day like today do these things not get soaked?
                nope check out vortex for stuff on them. check out the EVO thread that is going right now. should be 3 pages. somebody photoshopped a car in water and made a line of how deep the water would have to be.. something like 2 feet deep before it can breathe in water..

ps.. stupid rain.. i hope i can still golf later today
                Last edited by R_Ethug; 04-25-2003, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I had the whole weekend devoted to detailing my car... now thats cancelled, damned rain!
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

dude I hope you and fluid come to the may 8th GTG.. i need to meet some more jettas.. last time we only had 2..:( but hot damn those 337's are sweet as hell..

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
                      dude I hope you and fluid come to the may 8th GTG.. i need to meet some more jettas.. last time we only had 2..:( but hot damn those 337's are sweet as hell..
                      I'll take that as a compliment, thanks see you guys on the 8th:thumbsup:
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

The Evo intake is fine, don't get me wrong, gains should be very similar for all CAI. Now, the question comes, which one to buy then???? $179 is a great deal vs. the $260 Carbonio. But I assure you that you will pay at the border, TRUST ME!!!! Now, there were huge debates of the Evo vs. Carbonio. I can 100% assure you that if you hold the two intakes in your hand, and you see the quality difference, then 9/10 people end up choosing the Carbonio. Carbonio's rarely go on sale, or in GB's because they sell well, and there is no need for them too.

If you don't believe me on the quality of the Carbonio kit, then come see mine, you'll be sold.

Like I said, I'm accepting any reasonable offer.

If quality is what you want (and a little WOW factor when you open your hood at shows), then this is the only CAI to buy, simple as that!!! Trust me, if the EVO was better, I would have gotten that, especially considering that it's cheaper.
                        2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Comment

sorry man I just ordered mine today. I'm expecting to pay about 50 to fed-ex. Thats what I had to pay on my golf clubs that I bought online from the US.

Comment

Working...
                          X