Question about older Golfs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about older Golfs.

Ok this Guy in Edmonton has this for sale for $200.00 so the Price is right.

What do you think? Would it be hard to fix? Anything else I should ask?

Cordial

Hello i am selling my cars cause my mom and dad said they will co-sign for a new car for me.
    1986 Golf
    213 000KM's
    Auto
    2door
    the bad
    its got a blown tranny. but it comes with a new tranny that only has 88 000K on it.
    its dark grey out side and inside is dark grey also
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y2...on/IMG00008.jpg
    i am looking for offers. thanks for your time
    -Josh
    Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Re: Question about older Golfs.

Well fixing/replacing the transmission won't be free. Probably worth more than the car though which is why he is selling it.

I dunno if I would recommend that as a reliable car but comparatively speaking it shoudn't be too much to do repairs on an old golf, and in fact its an easy car to do repairs on yourself if you are so inclined.
    Last edited by Kor; 08-24-2005, 12:10 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Only worth it for a motor swap....
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Ok thanks Guys I appreciate it.

Here I was thinking this smoking deal was passing me by But from what both of you said I will just carry on my merry way and let it besomeone elses project.

Cordialtea
        Last edited by Cordialtea; 08-25-2005, 01:03 AM.

Comment

that was my car until i sold it to my bosses sisterinlaw about six years ago, i have been servicing it at the shop here ever since. for the first three years she owned it she said she was getting her oil changed every time she got gas but it turned out they were only topping it up. A/C doesn't work, power steering doesn't work and the engines probably not that good anymore so the car's only good for parts. she sold it to another customer of our a few months ago who then sold it again to someone else.
          thats my two cents

Comment

Thanks For letting me know. I think some Young kid is trying to sell it now.

Cordial

Comment

Working...
            X