TDi top speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDi top speed

i've tryed to max out the car and the fastest i get is about 149~150'ish before i loose all power, and the car feels like is drops into limp mode. is this normal for a diesel? if this is normal can i go faster...???

Re: TDi top speed

I have taken mine up to 145 with decent power and still feels like it wants to accelerate more....
    Road conditions weren't perfect and I had a passenger so I didn't want to risk going higher.

Comment

something ain't right...in my dads TDI Jetta I've been up to 180kmh....and it was still pulling like a mofo. Of course this was ahem under closed track conditions.

Is your MAF ok?? I used to have the same problem back when my MAF was no good, couldn't get past 140ish if it was a life or death situation.
      Last edited by nismodrifter; 08-23-2005, 07:52 PM.

Comment

i had the MAF replaced under warrenty at SCFC car still felt slow i had them check it again and they said it was fine.

Comment

Ive had mine up around 200km, closed track of coarse but I have ran in to the limp mode situation when its hot out and im pushing the car. It is chipped so this may help a bit.
          Chris :

2004 Jetta TDI Sport SOLD
          2010 Toyota Tundra CrewCab TRD

Comment

I had mine up to 185ish when it was still stock, peak speed didn't stay at that for long. I know Barts before he when turbo crazy, hit about 220ish on our banff cruize last year.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

180@4000rpm, thats all.

Comment

Right under 190.......

EDIT: Car is stock, stayed at the speed for like 10 minutes
                Last edited by forkdork; 08-23-2005, 10:31 PM.

Comment

245 km/h for 15 minutes. Tach readings suggested true speed was around 235-ish. Used an obscene amount of gas.

Made it from McKenzie Towne to Lethbridge in 72 minutes. On a closed sanctioned McKenzie Towne to Lethbridge simulated track of course.

Oh, y'all were asking about TDI's. Just ignore this then.

Originally posted by Stonewall
                  I had mine up to 185ish when it was still stock, peak speed didn't stay at that for long. I know Barts before he when turbo crazy, hit about 220ish on our banff cruize last year.

Comment

Well ive got up to 180 as well, but the car isn't "Pulling like a mofo' per se, you're basically out of turbo at that point (I think its about4k rpm at 180) so its pretty sluggish, but 145 shouldnt be a problem, thats like...average highway crusin speed :P
                    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                    -james

Comment

180 for me, but had to stop rather abruptly for a deer
                      The world has but three sports, Bullfighting, Mountain Climbing, and Motor Racing. All the rest are merely games - Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

I would suspect that some larger tires to give taller gearing would help out quite a bit. I can't see the TDI running out of steam due a larger wheel circumference.

Too bad changing final drive gears is such a huge chore on FWD cars.

Comment

k well something is screwed then cause i can't get above 150 does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy_Boy
                            k well something is screwed then cause i can't get above 150 does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?
                            Check your MAF/Air filter maybe

Dunno what it could be really.
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

195 for me on factory 15 inch wheels and a k/n filter, one person and no luggage or junk in the car. perfect "track" Conditions

Comment

Working...
                              X