Newveedub..... Edmonton Chapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newveedub..... Edmonton Chapter?

This is something I've been thinking of for a little while now so I thought I'd get some board member's opinions. Edmonton doesn't really have any VW clubs, especially for the newer cars. Yea, there is airriders but really, its pretty well all guys with air-cooled vws and old rabbits which is cool, but they really have very little in common with newer VW enthusiasts. Now I'll be the first to admit that Edmontons VW scene isnt as big as Calgary's, but there are some very nice cars here and it would be cool if we had a club like yous where we could meet up and "shop talk". Starting a whole new club from the ground up would be quite difficult, as it would take some time to get established with enough members to actually make the club worth while, but if we were to join onto an exsisting club, it would be much easier, as there is already a good base of members and a wicked message board where everyone can communicate. There was a big post a while ago on changing this club's direction and getting more people involved, so what better way than to include another city? Newveedub could then become Alberta's premier VW club and with more members, could have the ability to do a lot more, such as put on shows and meets ect.

Anyhow, I'm just wondering what people's thoughs are on the idea, and if it is indeed a possibility for the future.

---------------------
    Mike
    Last edited by VRado6; 08-23-2005, 06:49 PM.
    Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Re: Newveedub..... Edmonton Chapter?

uhh wait about 1 month and ask again k.. just some stuff that will happen

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      uhh wait about 1 month and ask again k.. just some stuff that will happen

Um, ok? Care to fill in any details? Or is this a big secret?
      Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Umm ya wonder boy inquiring minds want to know
        Edit: I vote for Ryans name to be changed to boy wonder, no idea way but just cuz.
        Last edited by Stonewall; 08-23-2005, 09:02 PM.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I think it is a GREAT idea, but yeah I would wait a few more weeks... may have something to do with this:

http://www.newveedub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6372
          2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
          My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

There's a few of us Edmontonians hanging out here, and i'd be great to become a part of this club.

All we do now is just hang out on the boards and come out to the shows. But expanding this club a little North would be good for everyone.

But as Boy Wonder said, we'll wait on this idea
            Matt - A3

Comment

I think this idea would be very good for the club and for the members up in Edmonton. I think things could work but to be successful we will need someone up north who would be willing to be the local leader/liason with myself to administer the two regions together.

If anyone in Edmonton would be interested in something please PM me and we can discuss some details and help work something out!
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Sounds like a really cool idea....but like Ryan said, wait just a little longer
                Kyle
                2000 Audi S4

Comment

I'm In in a Big Way! I post here all the time, and It would be great for those of us in Edmonton/ BEUMONT is me to have an area. The Airriders have a Grande Prairie Section and Saskatchewn branch. Why Can't we have a NewVeeDub Branch in Edmonton.

I would be willing to help out where I can Just say the Words. I'm jumping for Joy now, WOOHOO.

Ok All the Edmonton PPl do you want to meet for Coffee this Week? I live closer to South Common but I am willing to meet elsewhere as long its not St. Albert!

Cordialtea
                  Last edited by Cordialtea; 08-24-2005, 11:55 AM.
                  Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cordialtea
                    Ok All the Edmonton PPl do you want to meet for Coffee this Week? I live closer to South Common but I am willing to meet elsewhere as long its not St. Albert!

Cordialtea
                    Yeah - I've been lurking around here for a few years - but Calgary is just too far and the Edmonton scene never seemed to pick up enough steam to become anything.

Anyway - it's been a long time since I've been to anything VW related so I'd be interested in meeting up with a group.
                    Brandon

Comment

Well I think we are up to 4 Now in Edmonton and if We all buy Memberships from Blair - Canadian Turbo and we have the NEEVEEDUB on our cars We may get more members slowly.

There is a Car Show put on Airriders this Weekend and they are going to be interviewed this Friday from 7-9am at the Toys R Us WestEnd This Week to Promote their End of Summer show.

Cordialtea
                      Last edited by Cordialtea; 08-24-2005, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Well..as long as calgary is the boss chapter haha...I have no desire to go to edmonton for any reason <-- P.S - that new cool smiley sucks
                        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                        -james

Comment

I'm in Edmonton, and I are already a member. I figured I should pay for the bandwidth I use.

To be honest, I don't know how much hanging out I'd do if there were an Edmonton Chapter. Most of my automotive time is taken up with autocross stuff, and besides, I'm old and cranky.
                          Pat
                          Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

Hey up to you what you decide.

Cordialtea

Comment

I would definitely be up for a meeting of the Edmonton people to discuss this a little further. Any who are interested please PM me and we will get something organized.

BTW Blair, I tried responding to your PM but it seems to be broken, so I'll try send it again when I get home from work. I have some ideas regarding your message that I'd like to share with you.
                              Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Working...
                              X