MK3 speed VS INTEGRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MK3 speed VS INTEGRA

Great... another one of these tools. You ask our advice... then you don't take it... and when we call you on it you call us names. Maybe check out... www.beyond.ca.

EDIT: Oh yeah, IBTL!!
    Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 08-24-2005, 07:57 AM.

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Play nice kids!!

The moral is a TD will be very hard pressed to beat an Integra, but hey why not prove us all wrong.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
        Great... another one of these tools. You ask our advice... then you don't take it... and when we call you on it you call us names. Maybe check out... www.beyond.ca.

EDIT: Oh yeah, IBTL!!
        buddy. i look for advice on how to make my diesel jetta fast. 8/10 people tell me to get a gas car. I DONT CARE IF I CAN GET A GASS CAR FASTER THAN AN INTEGRA. I have a diesel, that im asking advice about so if you have advice i appreciate it. if youre going to tell me to get a gass or some other nonsense i dont want to hear it!

Comment

Sorry didn't want to seem like I wan't being nice. However, there are some limits - not just on diesel cars - but physics will only allow you to go so fast! I think you will need to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a TD engine to make your goal happen.

You can get other opinions elsewhere on other forums etc. However I bet that none will be as honest or as knowledgable as what you can get from the forum - we have some smart and helpful people here. We could give you bad advice that would sound better, but I think that it is better to just tell the truth.
          Last edited by Kor; 08-24-2005, 02:33 PM.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by driver88
            buddy. i look for advice on how to make my diesel jetta fast. 8/10 people tell me to get a gas car. I DONT CARE IF I CAN GET A GASS CAR FASTER THAN AN INTEGRA. I have a diesel, that im asking advice about so if you have advice i appreciate it. if youre going to tell me to get a gass or some other nonsense i dont want to hear it!
            That's no reason to come on here and call everybody fags. Grow up.

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

A few options to make your TD a honda eater:

-Altezza lights
              -Painted dash (prefer. a bright yellow or orange color)
              -MOMO anything you can get your hands on
              -Spoiler (3ft or higher)
              -Underbody lights, multiple colors of course
              -Body kit with as many air vents a possible, prefer. unpainted
              -Coffee can exhaust
              REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
              -james

Comment

don't forget light up washer nozzles, and light up valve stem caps.

Present
                2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                2003 VW Jetta GLI
                1992 VW Jetta GL
                1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                  Sorry didn't want to seem like I wan't being nice. However, there are some limits - not just on diesel cars - but physics will only allow you to go so fast! I think you will need to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a TD engine to make your goal happen.

You can get other opinions elsewhere on other forums etc. However I bet that none will be as honest or as knowledgable as what you can get from the forum - we have some smart and helpful people here. We could give you bad advice that would sound better, but I think that it is better to just tell the truth.
                  i understand. well im gunna try anyway... lol thanks tho.

Comment

As a certified diesel head I can garantee you will have a fruitless search for parts and will end up with little to no gain unless you know a diesel motor inside and out. My guess just in parts alone to make it fast would run you $10k ish. You would have a better time finding a TDI motor from a 97-99 jetta and dropping the cash into that, then again about $5k later you would have a marginally fast car. PS you will have to use propane injection no matter what you think if you want it to be fast.
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

how mush is a propane injection system?

Comment

Originally posted by driver88
                        how mush is a propane injection system?
                        Propane will not really get you that much power unless in conjunction with other engine mods.

140hp integra @ 1200kg
                        IDI TD (Canadian) 75hp @ 1300kg

Sooo you need to get from 75hp to about 150hp to be even with weight considerations. Injectors and propane won't do it I don't think. Plus propane is a dangerous thing.
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                          Propane will not really get you that much power unless in conjunction with other engine mods.

140hp integra @ 1200kg
                          IDI TD (Canadian) 75hp @ 1300kg

Sooo you need to get from 75hp to about 150hp to be even with weight considerations. Injectors and propane won't do it I don't think. Plus propane is a dangerous thing.
                          wow. that puts it into prespective.
                          dang
                          o well i guess ill hypocryte my self and ill aim for all show and no go

Comment

Show ROCKS, Northing i like Better than a Awesome Looking VW!

Just don't ask me to push an old School VW Bug in the rain I did that when I was 19 What a Nightmare! I'll never forget it!
                            Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Comment

Working...
                            X