X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Avatar.

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Ok.. here is my PC response:
    As for it being work suitable.. I can turn avatars off, so thats my choice.

But,
    On the other hand, I think if the avatar is something sexually explicit/demeaning/provocative it should not be allowed. I am not by any means saying that anyone has those intentions, but the site has to be as friendly to girls as it does guys, and not all girls will be comfortable with an ass in a thong, or a gif of boobies shaking. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy both, but there is a time and a place, and Im not sure if an automotive forum is the place.
    I think that there should be a rule put in place that discuss what should and shouldnt be used in an Avatar. I would think a general rule of thumb would be if it would be a picture that you wouldnt want your Mom/wife/gf or children to see, its probably not appropriate for the forum.

Sorry to sound like a stick in the mud.. just most of the automotive forums arent exactly female friendly, and it would be great to get more female enthusiasts invloved (And not just for emacking RYAN)
    I could make my avatar a picture of my ass in a thong if you think that would even the playing field.....
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

uploading ryan's hairy ass avatar as you post

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
        Fair enough but, I'm going to let the masses speak on this one.
        um...the masses are young men, who probably spend too much time surfing anyway. (myself included).

If NVD wants to promote a club that is family-friendly for everyone, or even a gender-neutral one, (or at a minimum, attract some women VW drivers) it's up to Mr. el Presedente to set up some avatar guidelines...
        1.8T
        Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Hey I'm a female on here and it doesn't bug in the least. I get a kick out of Dave's Avatars. For work friendly turn off the Avatars.

Cordialtea
          Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cordialtea
            Hey I'm a female on here and it doesn't bug in the least. I get a kick out of Dave's Avatars. For work friendly turn off the Avatars.

Cordialtea
            You go girl!
            Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
            You dig sucka?!

Comment

I am not going to make an official policy on avatars at this point in time. I feel allowing you girls and guys to express yourself through your avatars adds character to this forum. However I do ask that you respect fellow members when choosing and displaying your avatars. Just ask yourself if you or someone you know would be offended by this and therefore does it have a place here on our boards.

If an avatar is offending you please feel free to send a PM to myself and I will address the situation.

Thanks

Blair
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

There is not too much that offends me...

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                You dig sucka?!

Comment

Me niether

Comment

Looks like majority rules! Don't worry, I'll keep it clean.

You dig sucka?!

Comment

Working...
                    X