new user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new user

Hey guys im having a problem with my car. I was trying to search for what could of gone wrong with my vw when I came across this site on www.google.com. I've read around on the forums here and find this site very interesting. I like it.

Im sorry that my first post has to be a question.
    But here it goes; I started hearing a wierd noise from my clutch. Like I was sitting in the garage and I was showing my little cusin how to shift gears. So i left the car off and pushed in the clutch and went through the gears. Then as I was releasing the clutch, it made a wierd noise, like a grating noise. Its a hard noise to describe but here goes, it sounds like a wierd screeching noise like somethings making contact wiht something and like rubbing against it. Soemthing like when your hands kind of wet and you slide it across somehting, its something like that. It does that when i press the clutch in and when i take it out
    please help me its driving me insane thanx
    Last edited by wyclefthemaster; 08-21-2005, 07:08 PM.

Re: new user

Originally posted by wyclefthemaster
    Hey guys im having a problem with my car. I was trying to search for what could of gone wrong with my vw when I came across this site on www.google.com. I've read around on the forums here and find this site very interesting. I like it.

Im sorry that my first post has to be a question.
    But here it goes; I started hearing a wierd noise from my clutch. Like I was sitting in the garage and I was showing my little cusin how to shift gears. So i left the car off and pushed in the clutch and went through the gears. Then as I was releasing the clutch, it made a wierd noise, like a grating noise. Its a hard noise to describe but here goes, it sounds like a wierd screeching noise like somethings making contact wiht something and like rubbing against it. Soemthing like when your hands kind of wet and you slide it across somehting, its something like that. It does that when i press the clutch in and when i take it out
    please help me its driving me insane thanx
    Welcome to the forum!! Im sure one of the volks techs here can help you out as to what that noise could be coming from. I think it shouldn't b anything too major

Comment

Re: new user

Well, until someone more informative comes by with a better answer, could it be as simple as needing to lube a pivot somewhere? Try isolating the rubbing noise, and give it a little shot of spray lube, or WD-40. It might be as simple as the pivot of the clutch arm. That was the nose on my '72 westie, and a little squirt of WD fixed the problem.

Jeff
      Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
      hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X