farking 105!! for regular gas!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• farking 105!! for regular gas!!

filled up coming home for a nice kick in the nuts 115/litre for 91!!! WTF is going on ..

Re: farking 105!! for regular gas!!

Originally posted by Ryan
    filled up coming home for a nice kick in the nuts 115/litre for 91!!! WTF is going on ..
    It was liek 109 the other day for me, if its gone up 6 cents that IS a kick in the nuts.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I am not paying that much attention these days since I switched to diesel, but yes seems prices have gone up a lot lately. Well a few reasons I think, firstly the record high price of oil has to result in a pump price increase and the other reason is September long weekend is approaching and the end of summer driving season so they like to make that extra coin before the season ends, I am just speculating of course.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

The cost will most likely continue to rise in the short-term, so get used to it. Some are saying it Oil could easily reach $70 very soon. It sux for me, as I have a 35-40min trek to a from work every day.

BTW.... blair how do you find your Smart for highway driving? I was always worried about a smart's stability on it's narrow wheel base.
        Last edited by liquid; 08-16-2005, 04:29 PM.
        Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Originally posted by liquid
          I was always worried about a smart's stability on it's narrow wheel base.
          Does it have a narrow wheel base?
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

ahah stop whinning. gasoline in europe is over 1EUR per litre, and people make less here too i guess thats why there are lots of diesels and no SUV's huh? buahaha suckers!!!
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Just filled up - 94 was 108.x for me. Guess even the gas station attendants know Ryan gots da bling!

Khyron
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I have only made one trip on the highway so far, just to High River and back. I think the car was fairly good it is a bit suceptable to wind due to the weight of the car. I think some wider wheels with more contact would help but remember this car is not really meant for highways but it would do just fine.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Going to B.c. for a week Going to start bending over at Golden
                  12 Volvo XC 90
                  03 Jetta1.8T
                  95 Cabrio VRT
                  90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Last August I was told by a gentleman I do some work for that his behemoth oil company was making it's march 2005 budgets for oil to be at $50 a barrel. March 2005 rolled around and it was pretty much dead on $50.00 a barrel.

He then told me that the budgets for the six months following September 2005 were based on $70 - $74 a barrel.

Fortunately the price increases rolls off for 2006. The expectation for September 2006 is between $95 and $105 a barrel, assuming the Chinese pace their filling of their reserves. That filling begins in.. SHOCK! September 2005.

$100 a barrel under typical profit margins he claims works to around $1.65 a litre.

Comment

In Nova Scotia, we are already paying 1.20 for 91oct.
                      Marcel
                      2001 Jetta 1.8t

Comment

I love Diesel
                        Steve
                        2002 Golf TDi
                        Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars
                          I came back from Radium/Invermere/Fairmont this weekend, and yes, gas aint cheap. 1.09.9 for regular. Vancouver has been in 1.20+ prices for premium for quite some time.
                          http://www.vancouvergasprices.com/

I lucked out however, as my car seems to have this crazy ability to get massive fuel milage on highway treks. 700+ on a tank. (2.8L V6 driving extremely hard on the 93, 60L fill) Filled up in calgary, went out, buggered around, and then filled up in Canmore coming home.
                          Candy White 2007 GTI APR'd

Comment

As of this morning (6:45 am), when my bus passed by the Esso on Country Hills Blvd. and Nose Hill, it was still at 98.9, or something close to that, unless they have banged the price up since then...

Comment

Originally posted by Lars
                              Yup me too, I'm heading down this weekend. As much as I want a VR6, i'll stick with the 1.8L for this trip.
                              Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X