Headlight installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight installation

Hey guys bought those FK angel eye projector headlights . I am going to hook up my HID's to them once my new bulbs get in, just had to buy the bulbs and got a sweet deal on them, already had the harness and everything so it was cheap .

Was wondering if anyone knew where I could get these installed as I dont want to attempt to do it myself. Wanting to get them done today if possible or sometime this weekend.
    Kenny

Re: Headlight installation

It is pretty easy... even I did it as one of my first ever mods and I was pretty much a rookie back then.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
      It is pretty easy... even I did it as one of my first ever mods and I was pretty much a rookie back then.
      Hmm maybe I should try this, just dont want to screw up :P, did find this however
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2126448
      are there instructions inside the box as well? LOL havnt even opened it.

Only thing I might have a problem with is the wiring, thats my only issue getting stuff off shouldnt be a problem but maybe getting it back on.
      Kenny

Comment

thats pretty much it.. installing headlights takes nor more than seriously 20-25 minutes.. super easy.. just have various torx bits and you'll be good to go

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
          thats pretty much it.. installing headlights takes nor more than seriously 20-25 minutes.. super easy.. just have various torx bits and you'll be good to go
          Sounds good, w00t finally something I can install myself lol. Only thing else ive installed was the W8 overhead console, and shift knob.
          Kenny

Comment

haha yea its super easy.. congrats on the new lights you'll be the first person in calgary to my knowledge with the jetta ones.. should come to the mid month meet and show em off

Comment

On vortex there is a post about not using HID's in those and that there is a warning on/in the box that says they are not responsible if your HID kit melts the headlight...
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

haha yea its super easy.. congrats on the new lights you'll be the first person in calgary to my knowledge with the jetta ones.. should come to the mid month meet and show em off
                Haha thanks!, ya i'll most likely be there unless something comes up.

As for the melting part i'll look into more before putting the HID in.

Also another quick question for the Angel eye rings where can I find new color bulbs like a xenon or blue bulb for them? Think the ones that come with it are like the stock lights.
                Last edited by Swoosh2; 08-12-2005, 02:33 PM.
                Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh2
                  Haha thanks!, ya i'll most likely be there unless something comes up.

As for the melting part i'll look into more before putting the HID in.

Also another quick question for the Angel eye rings where can I find new color bulbs like a xenon or blue bulb for them? Think the ones that come with it are like the stock lights.
                  Are they bulbs or LEDs? As said you are the first person to have these so we probably can't tell you what kinda bulbs they use!
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

think they use the same bulbs as the city lights do the little wedge ones.. you can get blue ricer ones from C1 or crappy tire or partsource,etc

there is a guy from ontario on vortex with these lights with a HID kit and he has no issues and they look quite good actually..

maybe search vortex for what bulbs you need should get something pretty quick i imagine..

Comment

think they use the same bulbs as the city lights do the little wedge ones.. you can get blue ricer ones from C1 or crappy tire or partsource,etc

there is a guy from ontario on vortex with these lights with a HID kit and he has no issues and they look quite good actually..

maybe search vortex for what bulbs you need should get something pretty quick i imagine..
                      Ya pretty sure they are the wedge ones. Maybe I shouldve opened up the box and looked at them lol. (stupid me) But ya I should go pick some up pretty quick maybe after work I guess. I'll check it out.

Also trying to pick out a color for HID, what you guys think look best?

Thanks!
                      Last edited by Swoosh2; 08-12-2005, 03:07 PM.
                      Kenny

Comment

Ya pretty sure they are the wedge ones. Maybe I shouldve opened up the box and looked at them lol. (stupid me) But ya I should go pick some up pretty quick maybe after work I guess. I'll check it out.

Also trying to pick out a color for HID, what you guys think look best?

Thanks!
                        go as white as possible, 4300k will look best IMO. too high a temperature and you'll make it look ricer blue/purple.

and its an easy install, i did mine in 10 minutes at a carshow.
                        Simon

Comment

Hey guys got the headlights in they look great!!, just one thing the angel eyes dont work hehe. Anyone have a guess on whereto plug in angel eye wire, it has a flat white small 3 hole thing attached to it. Just doesnt seem like there is a place to plug it in.
                          Last edited by Swoosh2; 08-13-2005, 03:06 PM.
                          Kenny

Comment

Hey guys got the headlights in they look great!!, just one thing the angel eyes dont work hehe. Anyone have a guess on whereto plug in angel eye wire, it has a flat white small 3 hole thing attached to it. Just doesnt seem like there is a place to plug it in.
                            Bump for some help
                            Kenny

Comment

Bump for some help
                              pretty sure from what ive read you have to find your own power source for the angel eyes dont you? look on vortex for install instructions or perhaps talk to brent who has them here.

and by own power source, i mean tap into the city light power line or the fog light power line, and then ground it anywhere.
                              Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X