X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ouch... for the clutch

Originally posted by Aleks
    /\/\/\ yup........I could easily change it in that time and less (between 2 of us, like we usually do this work...)....We did my GF's honda in 2 1/2 hours, tranny out, clutch in, tranny back on and driving.....
    Really you know how to change a clutch?
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Can someone look up the book price for an OEM clutch and flywheel? If it really is that much then it's a ripoff but we can hardly blame the dealer. But I expect it to be closer to 900 for both.

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by gtx
        apples to oranges..
        uhh, sure man....we aren't talking a lambo here.... its all the same...or am I talking to a VW tech, and I need the special VW tool and VW training to take the secret part off??? hehe.......
        Last edited by Aleks; 08-11-2005, 02:12 AM.
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks
          uhh, sure man....we aren't talking a lambo here.... its all the same...or am I talking to a VW tech, and I need the special VW tool and VW training to take the secret part off??? hehe.......
          Jay

Comment

GTX and 100%Vagitarian

Both of you: THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Mods... delete this junk please.

Comment

Agreed....I was just posting a valid argument to why a clutch could not be changed on our own, then suddenly pollution....once again, I wish I had mod priveledges....
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

play nice children or this thread gets locked like too many lately..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  play nice children or this thread gets locked like too many lately..
                  Ryan I'd delete the posts. The language and attacks are not acceptable.

Comment

sorry swoosh i have to close this thread.. its getting unacceptable for myself and other club members. Please PM me if you have any concerns.

Comment

I am not a fan of closing threads on this board but it seems some users have no respect for other people. I know we all do not agree with what people say but that does not mean you can attack them or call them names. The reasons threads get locked is not because we cannot handle what is being said it is when people overstep the lines and make comments towards other members. If you have something constructive to add or a rival opinion please post up but DO NOT attack other members!

We are all here to learn and share about our VWs so lets keep that going please!!
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                      X