Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phatbox from stealership or ....?

Originally posted by kuhli
    Does that install method work for Monsoon systems? Looks like they'd be a bit more complex. And yes, cutting that panel was the last thing in the world I wanted to do to the car...
    Monsoon would be more complex. What I would do is mount your tools in the bag in the cd change area rather than where your monsoon amp is. I'd just strap them in with a couple of short bungees.

Comment

Yep...if it fit, and the original cable were long enough this would be the perfect install. Too bad I didn't see it a week ago.

Did I mention I hated cutting a hole in the plastic...might be the worst thing I've ever done to a car I've owned.

Comment

You can buy a replacement panel if you don't like the cut plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Davetronz
          This was the route I went... Went down to 5th ave and the guys there were really good... Got everything all said and done (brackets included, tax in for under $280)... I still haven't paid for a membership so I didn't mention NVD and I still think I got a decent deal... I guess there aren't many left around in Calgary...

Kuhli: Yes the install works fine with the monsoon... On the phatbox VW website they give instructions on how to install and set up for each factory head unit... I have the Monsoon as well and it doesn't look overly complicated... The only part I am worried about is getting the connector to fit properly and this "cutting of panels"... LOL
          can i ask why you did not just get it for $199 shipped? you would have saved $50?

Comment

I got my PhatBox for $180 at the dealership. With brackets, screws, etc., it came to around $235 with tax. Cheaper than my 2Gb portable MP3 player. I was quite pleased.
            '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
            --DUBS--

Comment

Variable: I decided to go with the dealer because I wanted it up and running for the weekend as I am leaving for a small vacation come Sunday. I didn't think that the shipment would have arrived by then.

So anyways I got her installed this afternoon... The hardest part was trying to get one side of the brackets screwed down... I found the harness the easiest part...

Overall I am really impressed. The navigation seems really easy and I was able to find artists and songs with relative ease...
              I have to sort my collection of music a bit better but other than that the phatbox gets a big thumbs up!

Comment

Working...
              X