This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appoligies for flame

First let me appoligize to swoosh for hurting his feelings or iritaiting him with my questions or remarks.
    Next, I'd like to understand why people feel like it's ok to "diss" a dealership and it's employees, but the second someone questions the ligitimacy of the diss, the thread is closed. Is it not ok to find out what the driver was doing to his car in order for that problem to occur? Is it not ok to probe and question, and possibly hear more of the story or even the WHOLE story.
    I was trying to be a little subtle, but I guess that my point about the age discimination was...are you battling with your insurance company to get your rates lowered based on the fact that you are 18 and a really good driver, and you really shouldn't be paying higher premiums based on your age and sex? But I guess if your not paying your insurance, you don't care.
    My point about the slanderous remarks (I'm in the proccess of litigating against someone for very similar reasons) is that unless you KNOW and have PROOF, then you really shouldnt say it or write it. Do you know if NL is disciminating against all 18 yr olds? or just you? You can say/write that you FEEL or THINK it's age discimination, but you can't just say that it IS age discrimination, unless you have proof.
    I would also like to point out, that people react to people. IF you went into NL with a poor attitude (and I'm not saying you did), then the person behind the counter will respond with a poor attitude. If you treat people like they are PEOPLE and not just some loser behind the counter, they will treat you the same way. Respect is earned. Unfortunatly respect often comes with age and experience, only because, the older you get, the more you learn how to treat people and SUCCESSFULLY interact with people. There are so many experesions that repeat that... "you catch more bees with honey"... "treat others as you would like to be treated yourself"
    Swoosh, let me appoligise again, I'm sorry that you feel that I didn't understand or whatever, it was not my intention. However, if you have problems with you car or a dealership and you bring it to a forum, you should expect some reponses that you don't neccesarily like or agree with. So many people on that thread said in way nicer ways, exactly what i said. They even gave suggestions about how to shift properly and what to ask the guy at NL to show you. You basicly brushed off the suggestions. And in your response to my post, you wrote that you "don't care" several times which makes me think that you really don't, especially because you don't pay for it.
    You only have what you take care of. And, when you actually have to pay for something, you will have a much greater apperciation for that thing, and you will take very good care of that thing (doesn't only apply to cars).
    So Sorry.
    you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Re: appoligies for flame

k.. all good.. next time PM maybe...
    Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 08-08-2005, 07:09 PM.

Comment

The thread was not closed because of questioning the "dis" but because I felt the discussion was getting out of hand. You make valid points that both parties have points and it is not always the dealer at fault and attitude does have a large role in how one is treated and not just in this case. We are just also saying that dealers are not perfect and they can make mistakes just like we can.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

bAA Ryan closes this thread while I had a nice long reply going now you open it Maybe when I get the energy later I will retype it.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Dont get nasty or it will be closed again
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
            Dont get nasty or it will be closed again
            K I dont even care anymore I read like half your post cause I dont feel like reading the rest, I just told my bad experience about service department, and a few guys working for NL, and I didnt really diss them like you said about slandering. I just said that I didnt like their serivce etc, and as far as the people that work there I just said they dont treat people well. As I said the age discrimination part. Insurance sure I dont pay for it doesnt really mean I dont care, also I am aware that the insurance is higher for male around 18 but I didnt care about that, and when did I say I was the best driver?? Once again accusing me of saying stuff I didnt. Anyways I dont care was just trying to say what a negative experience I have and obviously everyone else saw what I was saying as they had bad experiences as well. And I have read the other bad experiences also on the boards I dont see your post/flame on them?

Oh well its over so leave it, might as well close this thread as well Blair.

Thanks
            Kenny

Comment

I don't really know what happened here but I can definitely say there is NOTHING worse than being patronized by a shop worker when you are simply trying to get your car repaired.
              I own a luxury econobox..is that an oxymoron?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat
                I don't really know what happened here but I can definitely say there is NOTHING worse than being patronized by a shop worker when you are simply trying to get your car repaired.
                Thank you
                Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Pat
                  It can actually be insulting. After getting into a detailed disscusion with him about brake parts (when my rear brakes needed replacing at 32k) the guy had the nerve to say something like "by the looks of it, I'd say you drive around with your e-brake on. Do you know you're not supposed to drive with your e-brake on? It's important to make sure that it's fully released before driving". He then went on to tell me not to brake as hard when I come to a stop, using less pressure when I stomp on the gas. I should start slowing down well before the intersection...

I almost punched him. Instead, I raised my voice and explained (very loudly ) that I knew how to drive and that it's unacceptable for VW brakes to fail and need replacing at my cost at 32k. The rest of the customers in the service area heard this (at least a dozen people, all turning their heads at this ) and at this point the service guy started whispering in hopes to calm me down. I tell ya though...you get great service when you complain loudly in front of other customers!

whoah. Sorry for the big post!
                  1.8T
                  Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Flanders
                    It can actually be insulting. After getting into a detailed disscusion with him about brake parts (when my rear brakes needed replacing at 32k) the guy had the nerve to say something like "by the looks of it, I'd say you drive around with your e-brake on. Do you know you're not supposed to drive with your e-brake on? It's important to make sure that it's fully released before driving". He then went on to tell me not to brake as hard when I come to a stop, using less pressure when I stomp on the gas. I should start slowing down well before the intersection...

I almost punched him. Instead, I raised my voice and explained (very loudly ) that I knew how to drive and that it's unacceptable for VW brakes to fail and need replacing at my cost at 32k. The rest of the customers in the service area heard this (at least a dozen people, all turning their heads at this ) and at this point the service guy started whispering in hopes to calm me down. I tell ya though...you get great service when you complain loudly in front of other customers!

whoah. Sorry for the big post!

Wow ya very unacceptable by VW standards Flanders, sry to hear about your bad experience as well. Hope all went well, as I hope all goes well in the end for my car lol.

As far as big post thats small compared to my rant
                    Kenny

Comment

In the tech's defence, they get to deal with a lot of idiots themselves. When I'm giving tech support over the phone, unless I hear otherwise I assume they don't even know how to turn on their computer. That can be insulting or patronizing to someone who does, I just explain I have to assume the worst.

As for NL - my fav dealership who I defend regularly... I was told verbally at my last change I'd need to do my rear brakes next service, hence my buying rear brake parts thread. However when we got the wheels off and looked, my new VW tech friend who we all know asked why I was replacing brakes with 80%+ remaining.

I checked my invoice and it was not in writing that I needed new rears, but the tech specifically told me they were at 20% and would need replacing next service. Fronts were 60%.

Unless some garden gnomes gave me a free brake job, that was an outright lie. I thought the pads looked pretty damn fat but I had faith in the tech. I mean, 60K on stock rears, pretty rare right?

Other than that, I've had great NL experiences. And who knows - on my next service, the SA or tech may have told me "Oh you don't need brakes after all". But maybe not.

At the rate I'm going I'll have replaced the timing belt and probably the clutch before I need brakes.

Khyron
                      Last edited by Khyron; 08-09-2005, 05:13 PM.
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

sorry but i dig all the feather ruffling! i think thats what we need here once in a while. the problem i'm having is that when i read posts, i dont put a face to the name, i just react to the comment posted. and i look at it from different sides and usually write the one that i feel stongest about. every one here reads these things with different interpretations. not everyone is going to agree with what you wrote. you may feel stongly about it but others may feel stongly against it. unfortunately, most get pissed and thats too bad. the discussion ensues, but closes to quick.

this is my interpretation. i'm a 20 year auto tecnician. and certified welder. heres some food for thought...

i drive around. ALOT. i remember every car i've ever worked on. i remember most licence plates, especially if i've seen it recently. i see at least one customers car every day while i drive. i watch them drive. if i see them baggin' on their car. i know. i know the work history of their car. i know how things work, function, react, wear, sound and smell about their car. mechanical and electrical. bumper to bumper, powertrain, name it, i do it all. i can tell by the wear pattern on things if they were abused or not. you see my point?

how does this guy do this? you ask. like i said, i remember everything. so when i see you driving around, i know that when you come in and tell me or my service manager that "i dunno, it just broke..." i will know and then he will know theres no way in hell you gonna get warranty. busted. like bait car.

if i go home and read what you've posted about me and where i work, tell me i'm stupid when ...i know the truth! i dont care about your age but when it becomes an issue for you and i know theres no issue, these reactions are posted.

these are not personal attacks and i'm sorry if examples used infered that. i'm sure i'm not the only guy who thinks like this. i dont live in calgary or work at NL either. see sometimes people know more about you than you think. just thought that might be something to think about...

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
                          However when we got the wheels off and looked, my new VW tech friend who we all know asked why I was replacing brakes with 80%+ remaining.

I checked my invoice and it was not in writing that I needed new rears, but the tech specifically told me they were at 20% and would need replacing next service. Fronts were 60%.

Unless some garden gnomes gave me a free brake job, that was an outright lie. I thought the pads looked pretty damn fat but I had faith in the tech. I mean, 60K on stock rears, pretty rare right?
                          Khyron
                          Werd, I talk to my tech about everything before the SA even knows Im there to pick up/drop off the car.

Present
                          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                          2003 VW Jetta GLI
                          1992 VW Jetta GL
                          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

You know what is worse than being patronised by "some shop worker"? Being patronised by someone who dosn't know how to fix cars and being patronised by someone who did not go to school to learn how to fix cars. I am assuming that by "shop worker" you are refering to a Certified Journeyman Automotive Technician. That's nice.
                            Like GTIguy said, Techs/Service Managers DO know all about you and your service history and you car (remember that sienfeld episode with the mechanic who stole his car cuz he wasn't taking care of it), and they will remember the last time you were in and for what. And if you are repeatedly bringing your car in for what looks like hard and bad driving, they will call you on it.
                            you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Originally posted by 100%VAGitarian
                              You know what is worse than being patronised by "some shop worker"? Being patronised by someone who dosn't know how to fix cars and being patronised by someone who did not go to school to learn how to fix cars. I am assuming that by "shop worker" you are refering to a Certified Journeyman Automotive Technician. That's nice.
                              Like GTIguy said, Techs/Service Managers DO know all about you and your service history and you car (remember that sienfeld episode with the mechanic who stole his car cuz he wasn't taking care of it), and they will remember the last time you were in and for what. And if you are repeatedly bringing your car in for what looks like hard and bad driving, they will call you on it.
                              damn i love this post

Comment

Working...
                              X