Boost Leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Leak?

How can you tell if you have a boost leak?
    Mitesh

Re: Boost Leak?

do you have a boost gauge?
    Or access to a vag-com?

Otherwise, a hissing/whooshing noise can be heard when flooring it (or possibly even when shifting) if it's a big leak...
    1.8T
    Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

boost gauge would be a big helper for that

Comment

I can hear wooshing/hissing when im on the throtle, it seems like its dumping continously. I thought it is supposed to dump when you shift or let off the throtle?
        Mitesh

Comment

Do you feel a lack of power? Is your engine light on? What are you driving?
          Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
          You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
            Do you feel a lack of power? Is your engine light on? What are you driving?
            Its going to be hard to diagnose without a gauge. You might want to consider picking one up. VW really should have put one in the car from the factory but I guess they wanted to avoid intimidating people with more gauges.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
              Its going to be hard to diagnose without a gauge. You might want to consider picking one up. VW really should have put one in the car from the factory but I guess they wanted to avoid intimidating people with more gauges.

True dat. You really should get a vag com and check codes, value blocks ect.

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
              You dig sucka?!

Comment

Yeah I feel lack of power, and my check engine light it on. I drive a 2000 1.8T. So only way to tell is to install a boost guage?
                Mitesh

Comment

Originally posted by Mefro
                  Yeah I feel lack of power, and my check engine light it on. I drive a 2000 1.8T. So only way to tell is to install a boost guage?
                  Drop by my place I'll give you a free scan. PM me if interested.

You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mefro
                    I can hear wooshing/hissing when im on the throtle, it seems like its dumping continously. I thought it is supposed to dump when you shift or let off the throtle?
                    sounds like a hose popped off.

Lower IC hose maybe? There shouldn't be any whooshing when you're on the throttle!
                    1.8T

Comment

If an intercooler hose popped off wouldnt the car stall? That what happened with mine at least..

I think it sounds like a torn BPV....

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi
                        If an intercooler hose popped off wouldnt the car stall? That what happened with mine at least..

I think it sounds like a torn BPV....
                        yep, could be that too.
                        But when I was replacing my lower IC pipe, I didn't put the clamps on at first and the hose popped off...the car still drove, but whooshed pretty fierce when I gave it some gas!
                        1.8T

Comment

Working...
                        X