i have made up my mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have made up my mind.

black/beige 2.0T jetta 2006 6 speed. luxury pkg (sport suspension, 17's, sunroof) and xenon, tint!

traded in my car on july, begone the a4's...

ETA------ september past 20th.... (just in time for the snow!! )

as soon as my new Vdub is in i will purchase the membership!!

mods (nothing "fancy" has been planned yet...) :

FK coilovers (providing if they are ok in jetta's--- as seen in a thread in vwvortex)

18-19's summer

ecu's/exhausts

did i jump on the bandwagon too soon???
    cheers guys!
    Last edited by aussiefishy; 08-06-2005, 12:26 AM.

Re: i have made up my mind.

Nope, great choice not settling on anything other than the 2.0t! I would have a hard time waiting, let hear some updates when you hear stuff......oh, and never get the silver tails....
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by aussiefishy
      black/beige 2.0T jetta 2006 6 speed. luxury pkg (sport suspension, 17's, sunroof) and xenon, tint!

traded in my car on july, begone the a4's...

ETA------ september past 20th.... (just in time for the snow!! )

as soon as my new Vdub is in i will purchase the membership!!

mods (nothing "fancy" has been planned yet...) :

FK coilovers (providing if they are ok in jetta's--- as seen in a thread in vwvortex)

18-19's summer

ecu's/exhausts

did i jump on the bandwagon too soon???
      cheers guys!
      Where did you buy your car? Did they give you New Vee Dub pricing?
      FIRST TO MOD THE MKV

Comment

newveedub pricing???
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks
          newveedub pricing???
          yea im lobbying for an automatic discount for valid Members, this is still in the works ill keep you all posted.
          FIRST TO MOD THE MKV

Comment

Originally posted by vwsalesguy
            yea im lobbying for an automatic discount for valid Members, this is still in the works ill keep you all posted.
            Wow! That would be sweet, and depending on the discount, it might just get me to buy another VW!
            Kyle
            2000 Audi S4

Comment

i did not notice there are any discounts on new purchase... but i am happy about the deal that i get so far...

vwsalesguy.... which shop are you working for? 5th ave?

Comment

Yes he is Adam at 5th Ave
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

unfortunlately i did not know him before the purchase. i dealt with the manager in 5th ave and got the car..

BTW, did anyone have any comments on HPA motorsports in BC? i was looking for coilovers and they offer KW... how are they in comparison with the FK's ?? any thoughts?

thks alot.

Eric

Comment

unfortunlately i did not know him before the purchase. i dealt with the manager in 5th ave and got the car..

BTW, did anyone have any comments on HPA motorsports in BC? i was looking for coilovers and they offer KW... how are they in comparison with the FK's ?? any thoughts?

thks alot.

Eric
                    I am pretty sure FK and KW aren't even in the same price range?
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

the HPA ones are about 995 us and the fk's are also... since i don't know wnything about suspensions, can anyone help me out in diffrentiating these products? i know they are height adjustable. (that is the main reason why i consider them due to the weather and road consitions here) i am not using my car to race or set a time record, however if possible i might use this car for a leisure track day or two? so which one would you guys prefer?

i have read from vortex that the FK kits are not design specifically for jetta but for the GTI or Golf 5. and the KW's are for jettas...

i am sure i can count on you guys for some info on these and i couldn't wait to meet you guys when my ride comes.

please help.

Eric

Comment

i have read from vortex that the FK kits are not design specifically for jetta but for the GTI or Golf 5. and the KW's are for jettas...

Eric
                        Well the suspensions on the Golf and Jetta are identical sooo I am guessing that its BS that the FK ones aren't designed for the Jetta...

Coilovers are going to be a bit of a bumpy ride either way, I doubt there is much difference between them.
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

LOL, not that this contributes anything but the only thing I know about HPA is that they are in Gran Turismo 4....
                          But AFAIK, Golf suspension = Jetta suspension because a Golf is just a hatchback Jetta!

Comment

i do understand that golf+ tail = jetta, but does the extra weight of the "tail" enough to make the FK coilovers "unsuitable" for the jetta?

enough said, if you were me, will you choose hpa or fk for your jetta?

Comment

Hpa
                              Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                              X