This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Twisted.

I just want to tell you that I'm not a fan of the potential club name/content change. Unless the club still sticks with VW only. I joined the club to hang out with people, and help people who love VW not for people who love all euro cars. I just don't know what I would do if the club changed the name and or it's content. As Ryan would say this is "Weaksauce"!

Sorry for posting this. I didn't have a chance to get my $0.02 in on the last thread.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Re: I'm Twisted.

from the looks of things it will be VAG.

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

If that's the case, I doubt I'll be renewing my membership. Does anyone feel the way I do? I would rather come to a meet and see a fleet of VW's than come to a meet and see a euro parking lot.
      If the onlyanswer is to join CVD then I've already been there, done that and got the t-shirt. I don't think CVD is the club for me. Is there any way of Keeping NVD alive? maybe handing the club over to other VW purists?

NVD Forever!!
      Last edited by VAG_Tech; 08-05-2005, 11:22 PM. Reason: content

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
      You dig sucka?!

Comment

it will more than likely become a more vag oriented club.. nothing wrong with that..
        Last edited by R_Ethug; 08-05-2005, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
          it will more than likely become a more vag oriented club.. nothing wrong with that..
          I don't have a VW tattooed over my heart because I like VAG. I have it because of the love of Volkswagens.
          Last edited by VAG_Tech; 08-05-2005, 11:26 PM.

You dig sucka?!

Comment

I gotta say...you're knowledge has been so helpful to this club that it would be detremental (Soory if thats spelt shitty, im stilld drunk) if you left. Dave, just because we're accepting membership from other cars doesnt mean that most of us still drive VWS!
            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
            -james

Comment

This is kinda what I was worried about, and also not having the option to "remain the same" in the poll....I'm not sure why the big upheaval all of a sudden, and I posted my concerns in the last thread. I also prefer VW, but as a compromise chose VAG because I like Audi's as well. I'm not sure what to say Dave, I know the majority of us will stay, we can only hope someone as helpful and kind as you would stay with us?
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Don't worry Dave some of us are in the same boat as you.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

yeah, but even if the club does change it's name and becomes "VAG" instead of just "VW", the majority of people here aren't going anywhere so it's still going to be the same 'ol club...

More people might feel welcome to join though, but the masses are still NVD!
                  1.8T
                  Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Dave, VAG means VW/Audi (I am sure you know that)... and we already have several Audi's in the club... so why do you all of a sudden have a problem with that?

Right now our name implies that we are MK4 Mk5 dubs only, if we make the name change we will be MK1/2/3/4/5; B3/4/5; and some Audis... I don't see the prob with that.
                    Last edited by Mr. Burns; 08-06-2005, 10:01 AM.

Present
                    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                    2003 VW Jetta GLI
                    1992 VW Jetta GL
                    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
                      If that's the case, I doubt I'll be renewing my membership. Does anyone feel the way I do?
                      So be it then...buh bye. Any member who is willing to pull their support from the club because of a God damn name change obviously never had any real loyalty or dedication to begin with. Nor do they have any consideration for the future of the club and it's direction, growth, and marketability.

A name is just a name, and the club will not change regardless of what we call it or what additional forums are added. I've been reading some of these posts all week, literally in awe and amazement, at the fear and ignorance people have been displaying towards the name change. If a mere name is THAT important to someone that it would cause you to start your own club, then more power to you..... What's next, no girls allowed in the club's tree house?
                      Derick

Comment

NO HOMERS CLUB!!

ps.. props for the proper post derick
                        Last edited by R_Ethug; 08-06-2005, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I think that it is the people that make any club, including this one & as long as we have good group of people I think that the name is of little consequence.

I think that people need to look at the good that may come from broadening the scope of the club. Who knows, other people may bring more to the table, and provide long term stability & benefit to the group.

Saying one will quit the club if the scope is broadedned is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Just my $0.02

Andrew
                          www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by gaffer
                            I think that it is the people that make any club, including this one & as long as we have good group of people I think that the name is of little consequence.

I think that people need to look at the good that may come from broadening the scope of the club. Who knows, other people may bring more to the table, and provide long term stability & benefit to the group.

Saying one will quit the club if the scope is broadedned is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Just my $0.02

Andrew
                            Despite the picture in your avatar... you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar Perfectly summarized and well said.
                            Derick

Comment

If we could poll the public that own VW's how many would be confused by newveedub? I have had people ask me what that means, I have only had the sticker for two days. How many times have the members that have had the club name on their cars had to explain what it means time and time again? The club will benefit from a name change.

We all change. We get married sell our toys, have kids, interests and jobs move us away. A club is a dynamic thing, it changes, people come and go, so it is up to you to stay and contribute the best you can to help the group as a whole or you can move on. We all will eventually move on. I would rather see you stay as you are a benefit with you mechanical expertise.
                              Barry
                              Tossa Blue Metalic 2008 Jetta City
                              Mods; Clear side markers, Wolflsburg suspension, painted calipers, aftermarket fog lights, blue LED park lights, Euro Aluminum Antenna Mast

Comment

Working...
                              X