Blitzsafe iPod adapter installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitzsafe iPod adapter installed

I got my Blitzsafe v.5 iPod adapter by purolator today, it took 4 days to ship from order!!! Enfig motorsports is who I purchased through, and I'm very happy with the speedy service, plus the guy on VWVortex who runs or works there was very helpful in picking a model.....I also ordered the stereo removal keys, very smart in my opinion, not sure how I would have removed the deck otherwise...

Anhow, install took all of minutes, I didn't run the iPod dock cable anywhere fancy, just out a small hole by the passenger dash, I'm sure if I'd removed more pieces and made a more custom install it would have been a headache...The adapter just plugs into the CD changer plug behind the deck (rather than in the hatch like v.3), you ground the unit to the deck itself on a screw, and back together it goes!

Its pre-wired to charge the iPod during use, it auto pauses the iPod when the radio shuts off (pause ends up being turn off on iPods), and continues to charge the unit for 20 minutes afterwards! Alternatively I could have bought a denison IceLink for the car, which allows track changes through the deck itself, but that would have cost nearly 3 times as much, and I would still be picking up and looking at the iPod to get track names and such, VW decks are not capeable of diplaying that info.

So, all in all, I don't have to use the iTrip adapter, or my car charger, my sound quality has increased drastically, and I don't have wires everywhere...truly plug and play! Props to Blitzsafe for creating this unit!

Manufacturer link: http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_catal...z_catalog.html
    Enfig Link: http://enfig.com/

2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Re: Blitzsafe iPod adapter installed

Pretty good option, maybe better choice than Phatbox, nice work!
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

ya i have a similar dealy with my dell DJ, works pretty good except I find you really have to crank both the device and the car stereo
      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
      -james

Comment

Originally posted by James
        ya i have a similar dealy with my dell DJ, works pretty good except I find you really have to crank both the device and the car stereo
        You need a small inline preamp! Very easy to build/find. Could splice it into the audio signal behind the deck and nobody would know its in there.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

sweet alex.. i'm guessing those keys will come in handy for the club

Comment

With the Blitzsafe, the signal is just direct, so you can turn the volume all the way down on the iPod, makes no difference!
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Big thumbs up to Blitzsafe! I've got one of thier adapters for my XM radio and I love it. Seamless integration and great sound quality!
              Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Working...
              X