My Jetta is just too darn HOT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jetta is just too darn HOT!

Engine keeps overheating . . . drive for five minutes, cool for 20, drive for 5 . . . . etc,etc,etc . . .

My mechanic replaced the thermostat (that's what i thought it was too), but no dice. I'm having the water pump looked at and, if that's not the culprit, there's a blockage somewhere.

*sigh* It needed a coolant flush anyway and the waterpump is only like $40 or something.

Re: My Jetta is just too darn HOT!

Coolant sensors and pumps die frequently.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Could perhaps be a airlock somewhere (unlikely but it's possible)
      Jay

Comment

Waterpump impeller cracked and is spinning on the shaft of the water pump. Seen it LOTS!

Comment

water pump !
          12 Volvo XC 90
          03 Jetta1.8T
          95 Cabrio VRT
          90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Hells ya! I could have told you that from the word go. Who's your mechanic?
            Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
            You dig sucka?!

Comment

My mechanic is a good guy . . . he thought that I replaced the waterpump when I did my timing belt. I didn't, but i friggin' well shoulda. Now I have no car for the weekend and i have to walk (sprint) through the 'hood to get to my nice middle class dwelling . . . .DAMN YOUS YOU DIRTY APES!!!! DAMN YOUS ALLL!!!!!! (the dirty ape being me, who didn't change the pump when the whole unit was apart)
              Last edited by LaDubDude; 08-06-2005, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I always recommend it. Worldpac has a waterpump with a metal impeller. I would make sure you get that one so you don't have to worry about your impeller freewheeling on the shaft again.
                Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                You dig sucka?!

Comment

Worldpac, eh? Sounds good to me. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X