Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys

From the vortex Board- American Airport Security at its finest!

Cordialtea

FYI Just read in the paper that a guy had his vw/audi type key confiscated by airport security. Asked why? because "it has a switchblade mechanism". So I guess if your traveling by air, better to put your key in your checked baggage. Course if you're not checking your bags....
    Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Re: Keys

Thats funny, but I guess in reality the switchblade is not the trouble any key could be used to stab someone so all keys should be banned then.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Yep.They took my Mom's nail file she forgot was in her purse at Comox Airport when she came to visit in May.

Cordialtea

Comment

Originally posted by Cordialtea
        Yep.They took my Mom's nail file she forgot was in her purse at Comox Airport when she came to visit in May.

Cordialtea
        ....because we all know that Comox is a terrorist haven for people like Cordialtea's Mom.

On another note, I've gotten a keychain swiss army knife through Heathrow, Stanstead (London), Hahn (Frankfurt), Skavaska (Stockholm) and Venice - all since 2001. I simply forgot it was on my keychain.

Comment

Tintin You so Funny ROFLMAO!

You Lucky person to have been over in Europe I am so jealous I so want to go over to Europe it has been my dream since I was 16 now I'm 35. I hope to get over now before I'm 40.

Comment

Originally posted by tintin
            ....because we all know that Comox is a terrorist haven for people like Cordialtea's Mom.

On another note, I've gotten a keychain swiss army knife through Heathrow, Stanstead (London), Hahn (Frankfurt), Skavaska (Stockholm) and Venice - all since 2001. I simply forgot it was on my keychain.
            Yes a friend and I both have taken knives through US security on keychains, they inspect my shoes with 3 kinds of devices but keychains just slide right past em.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

My last trip to the USA was during orange alert. I got to the states and back before a Canada Customs official noticed that my ID had expired. Go figure . . .

Also, nobody seemed to care about my camera gear going on the flight (a LOT of gear), but they were very interested in my Saucony running shoes. Whatever . . . you can stuff enough C4 into a wrist watch to blow a hole in one of those planes and take it out of the sky (says a military EOD expert) . . . anybody can. I'm convinved that airport security is just a facade to quell public demand for more stringent measures since 9/11 etc. Let's face it, locks are for honest people - if you really want in, no amount of security that still allows the general public access to any given facility is anywhere near effective.

C'mon . . . somebody could throw any number of highly toxic substances into a number of city's water supplies with a little effort, but flying to Toronto requires a cavity search. Sure, there needs to be higher security in airports - i'm all for it - but legislators need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that airports are not the easiest targets nor are they the most dangerous.
              Last edited by LaDubDude; 08-05-2005, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Very well said
                Kyle
                2000 Audi S4

Comment

here, Here I totally Agree. Did you see the article about the Guys who dug a Tunnel from BC to Washington State to smuggle drugs? The Canadians and Americans knew it was going on byut wanted to see if they would really made it they did.

Cordialtea

Comment

Airport security in europe is WAY more slack than in NA...and if you're traveling within the EU they dont even id you practically!
                    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                    -james

Comment

Originally posted by James
                      Airport security in europe is WAY more slack than in NA...and if you're traveling within the EU they dont even id you practically!
                      I've heard . . . and cheaper too.

Comment

Working...
                      X