This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northland BS meeting.

So I go into NL today about my clutch and tell him my story one guy is like ya that sucks and all this, it happens to the best of us blah blah. And then another guy named rick or something talked to my mom on the phone. And this rick guy tells her that I was down shifting to much and all this other bs and I down shift maybe like twice a week I rarely downshift. And also he says that a clutch should last for 5 years. WTF is this guy talking about??? 5 years everyone I talk to doesnt last for more than 2 max. Well maybe some of you lucky ones it lasted 5 years. He asks my mom for my age and assumes all this cause im 18, he suddenly says ooh 18 he must downshift and do all this other crap and he says I dont know how to drive stick and to take a class. Im gonna go talk to this prick tmw at NL and see whats up. Sry for the rant just pisses me off that he just assumes cause im 18 I have to drive like crap and dont know how to drive and I downshift everytime I drive. Like wtf and in the last month ive driven like for 2-3 hrs a day just to and from work if that.

We'll see how it goes tmw.
    Kenny

Re: Northland BS meeting.

LOL age disrimination at its best. Throw that back at him and see how he likes it.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

ya haha, Ive been pulled over a few times based on my age...and now im gettin older but still look pretty much the same, so it still happens...

...that being said, when I was 18 I wasnt a very responsible driver and I bagged the sh*t out of my car...not saying you did it, but dont act like you had no part in the clutch going
      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
      -james

Comment

Even if you did downshift all the time, if you do it properly your clutch will be fine. Sounds like this guy needs a little more of his head out of his ass.
        Kyle
        2000 Audi S4

Comment

Yeah I went through this ordeal yesterday. The OEM clutch is a POS and the replacement cost with labor is ungodly.
          Yuval
          2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

If they did that I would go down there, talk to the manager and remove the car from the facility.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

That is such BS... I have had my car for 4.5 years and my wife and I both downshift all the time... it is rare that I don't in fact. I drive it pretty hard and my wife certainly isn't nice to my clutch either I think my clutch is just starting to slip once in a while now.

Good luck,

Chris
              Chris

2018 Audi S5 Coupe Technik - Florett Silver Metallic
              SOLD: 2011 Audi A4 Quattro 6 Speed MT - Brilliant Black
              SOLD: 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition - Galactic Blue

Comment

I would be pissed, go down there and tell the guy how it really is...

Comment

talk with mgmt. There's no way anybody should talk to (or about) customers like that...
                  1.8T
                  Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Thats exactly what I was thinking going to go down sometime today and talk to managment. Ya this really pissed me off though beyond belief just thought I should share hehe. But thanks for the support guys, ya and it is bs for age discrimnation and all that. Also it is an outrageous cost for clutch and everything and labour. Most likely going to get the one from ecstuning.com the stage 1 clutch kit. But i'll give NL a piece of my mind or at least this one guy.
                    Thanks again guys i'll keep you posted ;P
                    Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by uv23
                      Yeah I went through this ordeal yesterday. The OEM clutch is a POS and the replacement cost with labor is ungodly.

You( not only you but myself as well ) should post up on the ‘VWOA wants your input’ http://216.234.165.103/forums/showthread.php?t=6362. I think VW should start to use quality parts for their cars. So, POS this and that should less frequent coming out from people’s mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by B5
                        You( not only you but myself as well ) should post up on the ‘VWOA wants your input’ http://216.234.165.103/forums/showthread.php?t=6362. I think VW should start to use quality parts for their cars. So, POS this and that should less frequent coming out from people’s mouths.
                        I already gave Mr. Hunt my extensive feedback on VWVortex. I'll be making the most powerful statement I can shortly by trading in this car and never buying a VW again.
                        Yuval
                        2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

I already gave Mr. Hunt my extensive feedback on VWVortex. I'll be making the most powerful statement I can shortly by trading in this car and never buying a VW again.
                          Already heading down that road as well uval. Hehe, I will be giving my feedback on vortex as well.

Wow also before I forget not only has my clutch gone car isnt even a year old. But when I first got the car they had to order it from outside of the province cause they had none to meet my standards. But a month or 2 after having it my driving/handling is messed. I bring it in and they say that the REAR axel is bent!! I didnt even hit anything, didnt bottom out. There was also no mods on my car at all at that time. Nothing to cause it to bend, but yet they screwed me over. My mom complained as did I many times but they just kept insisting they did nothing and I mustve somehow hit something very hard.

Ended up paying over 3000$ to repair this part and was careless for about a week cause they had to order a part. They did not offer a car for a few days so I could commute anywhere they just simply turned away as soon as I gave them the money. Even when I picked up my car they were rude and everything, one guy even told me not to speed over speed bumps and this axel would last, like WTF is this. Tired of all this BS and yes seems like im on a ranting spree but lately vw has pissed me right off. Sick and tired of this.

Most powerful thing I can do to send them a message is sell the car and not buy a VW again. Dont get me wrong I love VW and everything they stand for, but service/dealership is BS and dont want to deal with that down the road.
                          Last edited by Swoosh2; 08-03-2005, 02:21 PM.
                          Kenny

Comment

I already gave Mr. Hunt my extensive feedback on VWVortex. ..................................trading in this car and never buying a VW again.

I will not get any new VW unless I see some positive reviews on their new models in the future.

Comment

Three thousand to fix that is big money.

Hay, I like your sig and probably I get one too.

Originally posted by Swoosh2
                              Already heading down that road as well uval. Hehe, I will be giving my feedback on vortex as well.

Wow also before I forget not only has my clutch gone car isnt even a year old. But when I first got the car they had to order it from outside of the province cause they had none to meet my standards. But a month or 2 after having it my driving/handling is messed. I bring it in and they say that the REAR axel is bent!! I didnt even hit anything, didnt bottom out. There was also no mods on my car at all at that time. Nothing to cause it to bend, but yet they screwed me over. My mom complained as did I many times but they just kept insisting they did nothing and I mustve somehow hit something very hard.

Ended up paying over 3000$ to repair this part and was careless for about a week cause they had to order a part. They did not offer a car for a few days so I could commute anywhere they just simply turned away as soon as I gave them the money. Even when I picked up my car they were rude and everything, one guy even told me not to speed over speed bumps and this axel would last, like WTF is this. Tired of all this BS and yes seems like im on a ranting spree but lately vw has pissed me right off. Sick and tired of this.

Most powerful thing I can do to send them a message is sell the car and not buy a VW again. Dont get me wrong I love VW and everything they stand for, but service/dealership is BS and dont want to deal with that down the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X