X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking of VW against other brands

Did you guys catch this ....

http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/adv...home&pos=Edit2

Out of all the makers we are like 4 from the bottom on reliability ...so it says per 100 cars average of 335 problems.... ouch...
    Makes me think twice about getting another one.
    Steve
    2002 Golf TDi
    Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Re: Ranking of VW against other brands

Well I hate to tell you but that's where it's been for the last couple years. Not much change I don't think.

in 98 the new passat was killing their ranking, then 99 was the year for the MK4 and it's been sorta steady since.

Edit: Just had another look, looks like MB is doing a lot better this year as they were near the bottom on the consumer report one. toyota used to be second or third from the top, wonder what happened?
    Last edited by Tuna; 07-27-2005, 01:55 PM.
    Jay

Comment

The MkV has been out over a full year in europe, how is it doing over there for quality/complaints?
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Wonder what the majority of problems are for vw? I'd Rather have a 100% chance of failing window regulators than a 10% chance of a failing tranny with my new car.
        2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

i do not trust that survey... it may be a bit biased... IMHO

although i do know VW has had some serious issues of late...

check this out http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1470045.stm
          Last edited by variable26; 07-27-2005, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Hmmm the A3 does pretty well on that list. However yes I do think that severity of problems need to somehow be accounted for, as it stands a failing differential and a broken trim piece are all just a problem on the list but I think 1 is really more than another. VW is still feeling the effects of window regulators and coilpacks though.
            Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 07-28-2005, 08:06 AM.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
            X