• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turbo VR's in the area?

haha derek sounds like i need a ride

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL
      yeah i know of a TON in vancouver, most of my buddies have one. clay (wolfpack) has his complete MMP kit for sale on the DOV for $6500 or so. damn good price for the power it is going to be putting down.

VRSC's are nice, but its a hell of a lot of $$$ for somthing that doesn't make that much power. it does give the VR a nice little kick in the pants tho.
      gonna be doing my timing chains, full brake setup, and new clutch and flywheel in the next few weeks, and then HOPEFULLY do the turbo and intercooler setup this winter.
      What year is your car? From the research I've been doing clutch is not needed, flywheel will help a little with spoolup, but why timing chains?

Jeff
      Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
      hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstoned
        What year is your car? From the research I've been doing clutch is not needed, flywheel will help a little with spoolup, but why timing chains?

Jeff
        Clutch is a wear item, it will be needed sooner or later...
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

stock SACHS clutch is only good to 240hp and i wanna push a little more than that.
          timing chains are a wear item and a pain the ass to do. if i am dropping the tranny to do the clutch and flywheel i am doing the chains while it is down. takes an extra 30 minutes to pull the engine and access the chains. if i am doing this i am doing it right, no halfassing around.
          i hate having to deal with stuff after the fact.

better do a little more research, you are gonna be slipping the stock clutch even with the kinetic kit.
          Team Highschool
          Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
          X