Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Project

Hi all,
    Well it looks like I may have an extended unpaid vacation via my company going on strike so its time to break out the stupid DIY mods I always do when I don't have to work...

This time, I am thinking of making my very own dynamic airbox...like BMC's CDA (carbon dynamic airbox), basically just a cone filter encased in a cylinder that has a hose running to fresh air from my lower grill...

My question is...anyone have any ideas how I can (simply) make this monstrosity? I was thinking either really ghetto (buy some aluminum from home depot and hammer the hell outta it into shape, stick a cone filter into one end and silicon it airtight then stick the flexible aluminum tubing in the other end and silicon that)....then wrap the whole mess in that reflective insulation crap....

Anyone have any better ideas before I hammer into existence an abomination cursed by both god and devil alike?

Re: Stupid Project

Originally posted by BadKenny
    Hi all,
    Well it looks like I may have an extended unpaid vacation via my company going on strike so its time to break out the stupid DIY mods I always do when I don't have to work...

This time, I am thinking of making my very own dynamic airbox...like BMC's CDA (carbon dynamic airbox), basically just a cone filter encased in a cylinder that has a hose running to fresh air from my lower grill...

My question is...anyone have any ideas how I can (simply) make this monstrosity? I was thinking either really ghetto (buy some aluminum from home depot and hammer the hell outta it into shape, stick a cone filter into one end and silicon it airtight then stick the flexible aluminum tubing in the other end and silicon that)....then wrap the whole mess in that reflective insulation crap....

Anyone have any better ideas before I hammer into existence an abomination cursed by both god and devil alike?
    Use a Paint can or Coffee can? Or some large diameter plastic PVC pipe? I am sure they make it wide enough.

Hammering is kinda sketchy.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/ttda_and_other_inta/

he shows all his old revisions too!
      1.8T
      Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Flanders
        http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/ttda_and_other_inta/

he shows all his old revisions too!
        Awesome!! Thanks Flanders, that's exactly what I am trying to replicate! 1 gallon paint can it is...!

Comment

Working...
        X