Sos Esso?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sos Esso?

So, I finally get the Porsche out from hibernation and go to fill up at Esso for it's favourite 92oct. What, am I going mad? 91 octane?

Where do we go now for 92 without Ethanol? I think we are screwed.
    EU Tuning
    European Performance Products
    www.eutuning.ca
    slomas@upsolute.com

It had happened to me of getting a low octane rating gas for my B5. All I can tell the hell of a difference. The "Back-fire" (bang bang) noise alive on all the high RPM down-shifts, catch people’s eyes on the road.

:mrfinger: :wtf:
    “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

do husky and mohawk both use Ethanol? (not good for my car)
      EU Tuning
      European Performance Products
      www.eutuning.ca
      slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

anywhere else I can buy higher than 92? like 94 octane? i was given the opportunity to pick up some new software for my chip, but it likes 94 octane.. supposedly its ok on 91 though. but to be sure.
        Simon

Comment

purple gas.?. you've sparked my interest
          Simon

Comment

Purple gas is tax free, its like 30 cents a litre, but you can tell if a car is using it by the very purple exhaust.
            Nick
            There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

Umm do you get purple gas from a purple pump ?

Purple gas or purple desiel? I have only ever heard of purple desiel, that is used on on construction sites.
              William

Comment

My dad works for one of the oil companies in town, and has some background in different types of gas. I asked him about the purple gas and he told me way more than I ever wanted to know.

Anyhow some interesting facts, yes it is tax discounted (though I don't think its totally tax free). He thinks that Alberta uses a red dye now instead of purple because its cheaper (purple was used in the past). He is also pretty sure its the same octane as regular gas. The only purpose is to allow farmers who use tons of gas in their farm equipment to get a fair deal. Its very illegal to run it in street cars.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                X