Help Needed: Dead Pedal Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed: Dead Pedal Install

My dead pedal and TT pedal set came in at Fifth Ave today, and I am pretty excited. The pedal set should go on with no trouble at all, they appear to just slide into place.

The dead pedal I am a but more concerned about... anyone done this, can give me any advice or links to guides? Its the New Beetle Turbo S pedal not the TT dead pedal, I was told that this is easier to fit.

Anyhow I don't think its gonna be hard, I just thought I would ask for tips 'cause I am really unbelievably good at screwing stuff up Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Asking for help with installing the dead pedal, what a moron. Well, I am kind of overcautious about my 'dub

Edit: Holy crapola that smily face is... happy!
    Last edited by Kor; 04-10-2003, 03:29 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Yeah I am looking at them now, as well as a couple of threads where people are saying "I broke the clips off my dead pedal". I would rather not break them.

What I will do is take a look at the car tomorrow night, and see if I can figure it out without forcing anything. If I run into even the slightest resistance, I will cry like a baby and send you a MSN message

Thanks!
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

LOL you really changed the smily

btw new signature is great Peter.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I like how you cannot say **** in a post but Peter has it like three times in his sig:mrfinger: :mrfinger: :mrfinger:
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Kor: 4
          Pedals: 0

Victory!
          Attached Files
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

My secret: claw at the understides of the pedals with my bare fingers until they are raw and almost bleeding

It took me a little longer than I expected, but mostly my technique was brute force in all the right places. The stock pedals came off by just using my fingers to pry the rubber edges up in each corner.

The hardest part was getting that damned side-panel into the clips on the new dead pedal.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Looking good :thumbsup:
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
              X