Review: Shipping to Sweetgrass Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Review: Shipping to Sweetgrass Montana

no, they take anything. if its freight you have to call ahead and leave them your cc#, or they will reject it. otherwise, they just charge a bit more for packages which are not ups.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I recently ordered a large order from the USA, and have received half of it thus far. I was going to have it shipped to sweetgrass however I decided to call UPS and inquire about these broker charges to make sure it wasnt going to cost me more in gas/time then to have it shipped. ( I have had some serious charges from them before) Upon speaking to someone they explained to me that brokerage charges are not included in all shipping methods BUT they do offer shipping services where brokerage is supsosdly FREE.

"UPS offers free1 routine customs clearance of UPS Worldwide Express Plus™, UPS Worldwide Express™, UPS Worldwide Express Saver™ and UPS Worldwide Expedited™. Use the chart below to calculate the customs brokerage fee for your inbound shipments."

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

I ended up shipping it with Expidited, 3-4 day service and only cost me an extra $50.00 for a 150lb. order.

Not bad. Dont take my word for it though, Check for yourself

Comment

How does that table explain the times when I've paid like $100 in brokerage when my package was worth < $100?
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Im guessing if you sent it ground you got screwed on the extra charges writtne in fine print.

Comment

according to the website, they're open 24/7. This would help me out alot, anyone confirm this?

Comment

I just did a pick up last Thursday of my new tread for my car. When I was there I seen a sign that hours of opperation is from 8-5 each M-F. No weekends. I can keep everyone posted on when I go down next. Its not a far drive for me.
              Also....2005 Harley Davidson 883 sportster. Black. 1800kms. Stage 1 kit. $8000obo. PM me if you or anyone you know is interested. DO NOT RUIN THIS THREAD BY ASKING QUESTIONS. PM me instead. I have another bike on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by gnavs View Post
                according to the website, they're open 24/7. This would help me out alot, anyone confirm this?
                No, they are only open Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm.
                Kyle
                2000 Audi S4

Comment

So by doing this is all your are skipping out on is Brokerage Fee? or do not have to pay duties as well?
                  2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                  My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    So by doing this is all your are skipping out on is Brokerage Fee? or do not have to pay duties as well?
                    Yes you still pay Duty and GST.

I think if you buy something used you might not pay tax, and if you buy something made in the US you can do paperwork under NAFTA to waive the duty maybe.

You save brokerage and shipping.

Its only worth it if you are buying something that costs several thousands of dollars and is large and heavy. So pretty much wheels are the only thing I would do this for.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

• Re: Review: Shipping to Sweetgrass Montana

I am picking some used stuff up off of ebay, no tax on used stuff you say Kris, where can I learn more about this "loop hole"
                      Last edited by Russell; 05-17-2007, 10:36 AM.
                      2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                      My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

When shipping to sweetgrass do you need to modify the address?

Your Name
                        309 Second Street
                        Sweetgrass, MT 59484

OR

Do you just directly ship it to their address and they take care of it once its their?
                        Originally posted by RedMile
                        Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
                        Originally posted by Smarty39
                        haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Compton View Post
                          When shipping to sweetgrass do you need to modify the address?

Your Name
                          309 Second Street
                          Sweetgrass, MT 59484

OR

Do you just directly ship it to their address and they take care of it once its their?
                          Just put it in like this:

Your Name
                          c/o UPS Warehouse
                          309 Second Street
                          Sweetgrass, MT 59484
                          www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                          X