Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Review: Shipping to Sweetgrass Montana

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
    Anyone going anytime in the next couple months, I am looking at getting some tires from Tirerack but not sure if I have time to drive the Smart to the border.

Sorry, I was there last week. If I have to make another emergency trip to the broder to pick up a shipment I will let you know.

A
    www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

i am going in 1-2 weeks, so if someone needs something picked up, let me know, we can divide gas money
      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

bringing this back!

i've never done this sweetgrass thing before but from what i've read, its the thing to do for larger items. i suspect i'd get killed on brokerage for an engine on a pallet. was told 155USD to ship to MT. 375USD to my door. plus brokerage i'm assuming. i have to find out a little more but looks like the best route to save lots of dough. i would have another 25-30lb package sent the same time as well, and pick them both up. i take it i can set up the shipping arrangement with the shipper?

the review was great, just feeling it out a bit more.

thanks.
        you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

How much brokerage fees I would pay for wheels that cost $500. The shipping and customs price is alright I just cant find on the ups website a price for brokerage fees. I never ordered anything before from US so i'm kind of confused.
          Plowing the streets of north side

Comment

Originally posted by me=mk3 View Post
            How much brokerage fees I would pay for wheels that cost $500. The shipping and customs price is alright I just cant find on the ups website a price for brokerage fees. I never ordered anything before from US so i'm kind of confused.
            Brokerage is basically whatever UPS wants to charge, you have to ask them. Its usually a surprise and if you ask them and they say $20 then charge you $200 at the door, its not their problem, they are not bound by anything. I paid $150 or so on a recent subwoofer I ordered, its around 70 lbs or so though so hard to ship?

I think you are charged based on value as well as size and weight of the order, and if the wheels come in 4 boxes you could be nailed 4 times. So for example $100 times 4 = $400 to UPS, what a waste!
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

EVERY person who has used UPS has been burned. Just strike it from your mind - either USPS or FedEx or Not Available is my motto.

Khyron
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I got nailed and sent to collections by UPS for a free electronic sample I received from a supplier in the states. They even phoned me and asked it if was a free sample which they replied ok and hung up. Months later I received a letter of collections for $20, more then the item was even worth. I payed it at the last possible moment and laughed that is more then likely cost UPS a lot more then $20 to send it to collections. The point of story is UPS is a bunch of @$$ raping f&$^ers.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

UPS is the worst idea in the world. They have thier own brokerage, which the government is opposed to, and charge whatever the hell they want. It is always way more than USPS or FedEx. It is downright criminal that they keep preying on unsuspecting people who buy stuff from the states

100%VAGitarian: Just order you parcels at roughly the same time, and then head to MT once they both arrive there. You will know when they are both there by using the tracking numbers, and then go pick them up when you can. They only charge a couple of bucks a day to hold your package, so if one arrives sooner than the other it wont cost you too much.

Andrew

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

thanks Andrew (gaffer). thats what i had in mind. i've never ordered anything from the US either. just small ebay stuff.

Comment

This thread popped back up at the perfect time...I'll be going for my second trip to Sweetgrass in the next week or so to pick up some new shoes for the S4!
                      Kyle
                      2000 Audi S4

Comment

SO is there any websites selling wheels that use FedEx or USPS for shipping to canada? All websites that have wheels that i like use UPS
                        Plowing the streets of north side

Comment

do you guys use UPS in the states to get it just to Sweetgrass, since its UPS brokerage that kills you on the border crossing? my understanding is that's the whole point. pick it up yourself in the US to avoid UPS charging you to bring it across.

thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Smarty39 View Post
                            This thread popped back up at the perfect time...I'll be going for my second trip to Sweetgrass in the next week or so to pick up some new shoes for the S4!
                            I'm heading there in a week or so as well to pick up some wheels for the S4, whacha gettin.
                            2002 996TT
                            2011 S5
                            2004 S4 Avant

Comment

baller.. what wheels??

Comment

Originally posted by 100%VAGitarian View Post
                                do you guys use UPS in the states to get it just to Sweetgrass, since its UPS brokerage that kills you on the border crossing? my understanding is that's the whole point. pick it up yourself in the US to avoid UPS charging you to bring it across.

thanks again guys.
                                I use UPS to get it to the UPS warehouse in Sweetgrass. Within the US, UPS is pretty cheap it gets pricey when you try to get it across the border.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X