Where can I get a climatronic unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a climatronic unit?

Just wondering where I can get the Climatronic for jetta IV? And a price range for it?
    Last edited by Swoosh2; 05-22-2005, 04:52 PM.
    Kenny

Re: Where can I get?

title your posts better dude..

and you can't add one unless you want to spend lots of $$$ you need to swap a ton of harnesses and the entire vac. system of the car.. not worth it..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      title your posts better dude..
      ^^^^ agreed, gee you only had to add one word.
      Do a search on the vortex, last I heard it was about a $4k job.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Yes, as Ryan said, you can't just stick in a climatronic unit.

Basically you need to replace everything behind the dashboard including a whole mess of vents and ducting and more. To buy it all from the dealership costs $4k+.

Sometimes on German eBay you can get a "climatronic swap" used for much less. I am not sure if you could install it yourself. I am also not sure if you would get everything you needed, it might be missing stuff - who knows?

Example:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...976247071&rd=1

$300 EURO = $500 CAD
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

When I was shopping for a new car I took a GTI out for a spin. The one thing I really remember about that test drive (aside from the fat-a$$ sales rep throwing off my weight distribution) is the climatatronic panel and the small buttons crammed in at the bottom of the centre panel. What a contraption. I guess it's easy to operate once you figure it out, but I felt like my grandfather trying to tape his fishing shows I was so lost.

Kidding aside, I've been behind the dash of MkIV with Climatronic and without and, man, if you want to take on one of the biggest PITA jobs imaginable, this is certainly the one.
          Originally posted by Kor
          I am not sure if you could install it yourself. I am also not sure if you would get everything you needed, it might be missing stuff - who knows?
          'Nuff said.

Comment

Re: Where can I get a climatronic unit?

Ok thanks for the advice sorry for the poor post had a few to many (b) so onnce again i appologize but thanks for the heads up on this job
            Kenny

Comment

"the eyes want, but the wallet cant handle" -> you
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

lol who says the wallet cant handle??
                Kenny

Comment

Working...