For you phatbox/disc changer folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you phatbox/disc changer folks

I just bought that Aux adapter off Flanders which converts the plug in the trunk (that disc changers and phatnoise plugs into) to RCAs. Yesterday I get my trusty screwdriver and 18 combined feet of RCA to run from the trunk to my ash tray in the front for my MP3 player. After looking at the trunk, then the piece, then the trunk, then calling mike, then the piece, then the trunk again I gave up with the assumption I am missing a piece..It appears there should be another length of wire or something as there isn't enough room in-between the bracket and the connector in the trunk

Please ph34r my l337 MSpaint sk1llz - this is what i'm seeing...sorta:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by James; 05-19-2005, 01:25 PM.
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Re: For you phatbox/disc changer folks

Burned...Thanks guys
    -james

Comment

ya totally lost me on that description...

Did you get it all working okay?
      1.8T
      Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Flanders
        ya totally lost me on that description...

Did you get it all working okay?
        The picture is of the cubby where the cd changer goes in the trunk (someone take his crayons away before he hurts himself). He believes there is an adaptor that goes between the stock plug in the cd changer space for the RCA pigtail he bought.

From what I have read about the RCA pigtail device it plugs in to the stereo up front where the cd changer plugs in to the head unit not in the trunk?

James, so it is like you are running RCA wires where the existing stock wire exists. I should have thought about it yesterday when we were in the parking lot. But the conversation about the rims got me side tracked.
        Barry
        Tossa Blue Metalic 2008 Jetta City
        Mods; Clear side markers, Wolflsburg suspension, painted calipers, aftermarket fog lights, blue LED park lights, Euro Aluminum Antenna Mast

Comment

Ya, I got it working with Mike yesterday. Im a retard and didnt know there was a cover over the piece I needed to use. We did a badass install on it yesterday
          -james

Comment

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
            Im a retard and didnt know there was a cover over the piece I needed to use.
            Ya, I can tell by your drawing skillz, sorry, I could not help myself You can kick my a$$ later, you know where I sit.
            Barry
            Tossa Blue Metalic 2008 Jetta City
            Mods; Clear side markers, Wolflsburg suspension, painted calipers, aftermarket fog lights, blue LED park lights, Euro Aluminum Antenna Mast

Comment

ps. There's a cover on top of the connector in the trunk...sorry for not mentioning this!
              1.8T
              Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Working...
              X