new clutch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new clutch??

hey guys... latley ive been very paranoid because ive noticed my clutch is pritty high on the pedal.. (as in, the clutch doesnt ingadge till im pritty close to releasing the pedal..) is this a bad thing?

Re: new clutch??

oh yeah....

Originally posted by Daelen Nekuda
    hey guys... latley ive been very paranoid because ive noticed my clutch is pritty high on the pedal.. (as in, the clutch doesnt ingadge till im pritty close to releasing the pedal..) is this a bad thing?

Comment

good luck sounds worn,get it checked now before you also need a flywheel

Comment

It likely just needs adjusting, since you work at a convenient place I would just take it in when it's slow and have them check it out, that way you don't have to worry about it anymore. If the clutch is going you'll probably notice it slipping.
        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
          It likely just needs adjusting, since you work at a convenient place I would just take it in when it's slow and have them check it out, that way you don't have to worry about it anymore. If the clutch is going you'll probably notice it slipping.
          oh ic... yea i havnt noticed any slipping.. its just very high on the pedal and that kinda spooked me .. thanks for the info tuna

Comment

oh ic... yea i havnt noticed any slipping.. its just very high on the pedal and that kinda spooked me .. thanks for the info tuna
            Jay

Comment

that 2slow gots too much powa! lol
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Hydraulic clutches are autmoatic adjustment, you can't do it manually.....so you don't know the clutch if going until it starts slipping....the action will be the exact same until then......All of our cars have clutches that engage relatively high in the release, I wouldn't be worried until you start slipping....
                2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
                  Hydraulic clutches are autmoatic adjustment, you can't do it manually.....so you don't know the clutch if going until it starts slipping....the action will be the exact same until then......All of our cars have clutches that engage relatively high in the release, I wouldn't be worried until you start slipping....

What would be the first signs of slipping in my clutch... would there be grinding or...?

Comment

Nope, if you floor it and your RPM's go up without any corresponding change in speed is a pretty definite positive.....
                    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

i had my clutch replaced b/c of slipping about a month ago. if you keep your foot steady on the throttle and at certain points the rpms would tend to fall back then up again, thats the tell tale sign of slippage. imagine accelerating and at 3400 rpm or something and you suddenly pressed the clutch past the friction point for one or 2 seconds. that visible fall in the rpms and that hickup in power sensation is your best sign.

What would be the first signs of slipping in my clutch... would there be grinding or...?

Comment

That doesn't help those of us in 2.0s!!

Originally posted by TurboMedic
                        Nope, if you floor it and your RPM's go up without any corresponding change in speed is a pretty definite positive.....

Comment

Originally posted by tintin
                          That doesn't help those of us in 2.0s!!

hahahahaha!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X