General Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Information

After installing my suspension this weekend I am very satisfied with the current style of my car (still looking for rims though). I am now curious to explore the performance aspect of my GLX, I have done some very minor research and am trying to get a feel for the best place to start. I have said this many times and will reiterate it again, I am new to the whole modding scene (not much to do to a 94 Dodge Colt) so some (or all) of what say may be totally crazy and please to tell me when I do this.

When I got my car I was told that my exhaust system was in need of some help, so this seems like the natural place to start. I have looked at 3 systems:

Magnaflow
    Techtonics
    Autotech

To my understanding I will see little to no improvement in the performance of my car, so it more or less becomes a matter of taste (although the magnaflow system says: 211@ 3550rpm (stock) to 224@3160rpm). My question is, what performance gains will I see? And does anyone have a good site with sounds clips of the above exhausts on a VR6?

The next thing I looked at was a Cold Air Intake, as I was told that the current CAI is restrictive. Again the results show (mind you it is a GTI 1.8T) a gain of 8.1 in power and 7.5 torque, for the $250 or $300 I would spend on a Autotech CAI would I get the same gains?

It was pointed out to me during my suspension install that I will soon be in the market for some new breaks. I don’t know a lot about breaking systems and was wondering what I should be looking for when upgrade the system (what is the estimated price point of this?).

The last thing is my clutch, to my understanding this has not been done on the car in sometime and I most likely will be picking up the tab for this. Once again I am in the dark about what I am looking for, and the difference in a performance system.

Any information on this stuff would be great and suggestions on better ways to spend my money are always welcome. And like I said this is more or less all new to me, so good easy on the noob.

Sorry about any spelling.
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis
Working...
X