What to do next??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do next??

Hey guys just thinking about what to do next to my car. Just got CAI, diverter valve, short shifter, hids, and few other minor mods.

What would you guys suggest to do next? appearance or engine doesnt matter.
    Kenny

Re: What to do next??

Originally posted by Swoosh2
    Hey guys just thinking about what to do next to my car. Just got CAI, diverter valve, short shifter, hids, and few other minor mods.

What would you guys suggest to do next? appearance or engine doesnt matter.
    Well, if you don't have suspension or wheels taken care of (I can't remember whats on your car) then those are the big two for looks. Some small looks mods that are great include clear or blacked-out front markers and a smaller antenna.

For handling, a rear sway bar makes the biggest difference, so you could do that if you like the tight corners.

For engine performance, exhaust or chip make the biggest difference, and after that you start to seriously waste cash.

You can also do interior mods or under-hood bling mods, or car audio mods...

I guess its your choice.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

There are too many things you can do. How much you are willing to put in and when to stop for investing on the car.

Like Kris said some mods kind of need to redo over times then end up spending more then it should be if all done at once( ex. Chip for bigger turbo ).

So what is your budget?

Ok. I don’t know yet. Don’t cheap out, go Stage III turbo kit with LSD.

Comment

Suspension all the way, one of the best mods ever....BTW how is the DV working for you?
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
          Suspension all the way, one of the best mods ever....BTW how is the DV working for you?
          hehe ya forgot I already did suspension its awsome! the DV is perfect works amazing! thanks a lot!

Ya for budget wise not to sure depends on the mod i think, but I think limited it down to wheels, system, sway bar, chip.

Hard call but leaning towards some new wheels for the look factor.
          and how much is a rear sway bar ne ways?
          Kenny

Comment

Chip......I loved it, second best mod....in fact, if I had to rate my mods in terms of impact, I would say 1. suspension 2.chip 3. Downpipe/exhaust

In terms of visual, you can't beat wheels....it totally changes the car...so if you're satisfied with the power you have, go with wheels....if you want more power, its very little investment to get Upsoluted!
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

for me

1. suspension 2. body stuff 3. interior stuff 4. chip

Comment

chip chip chip!

Never been happier
                1.8T
                Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

when I first got my VR6 I was thinking about a chip... but I have been told I will not see great gains, is this correct? (97 GLX)
                  2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                  My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Originally posted by RussellB
                    when I first got my VR6 I was thinking about a chip... but I have been told I will not see great gains, is this correct? (97 GLX)
                    You will probably see SOME gains, it's just your "gains to cash" ratio is a lot lower than someone with a 1.8T.
                    Jay

Comment

Is swoosh ridin a vr? If that's the case then I recall my post. In that case, I'd go with suspension!
                      1.8T
                      Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Flanders
                        Is swoosh ridin a vr? If that's the case then I recall my post. In that case, I'd go with suspension!
                        No, my post was in reference to Russell's. I took it off topic. I'm pretty sure he has a 1.8T.
                        Last edited by Tuna; 05-05-2005, 09:41 AM.
                        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh2
                          hehe ya forgot I already did suspension its awsome! the DV is perfect works amazing! thanks a lot!

Ya for budget wise not to sure depends on the mod i think, but I think limited it down to wheels, system, sway bar, chip.

Hard call but leaning towards some new wheels for the look factor.
                          and how much is a rear sway bar ne ways?

I would go with the wheels, when i first got my car i was putting lots of money into the engine but once i got the $350 speeding ticket, body styling and rims were my new interests.. plus if you get rims you can sell the long beaches to me

Comment

wheels then audio system upgrades (stereo draws lots of looks if its loud)
                            My signature is so last year...

Comment

Ya I got 1.8t. HAHA so true Daelen there yours once I get new wheels/rubber.
                              What chip is good if I was to get one? I looked at the GIACC thingy from tuner works gives like 50HP so thats not bad. But what other chips add quite a bit of HP for a 1.8t?

Going to go look at wheels/rubber today so we'll see if anything catches my eye. And Daelen soon you will have your long beaches !!

Thanks for the help guys gotta think about this purchase heh!
                              Kenny

Comment

Working...
                              X