changing brake flex hoses on an MKII golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing brake flex hoses on an MKII golf

hey peeps how hard is this to do ? at c-1 they said they would take an hour each so that would be like 310 bucks for labour, but im sure i can do this myself. when i got my insurance inspection done they also saud i needed front stuts and strut mounts and i know there are people on here how have done this a million times so any tips would be great
    thanks
    Trevor

Re: changing brake flex hoses on an MKII golf

Originally posted by albertaTDI
    hey peeps how hard is this to do ? at c-1 they said they would take an hour each so that would be like 310 bucks for labour, but im sure i can do this myself. when i got my insurance inspection done they also saud i needed front stuts and strut mounts and i know there are people on here how have done this a million times so any tips would be great
    thanks
    Trevor
    It's not hard, I'm not a fan of C1.. PM Me.
    Last edited by VAG_Tech; 05-02-2005, 12:41 PM.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

The front ones can be a pain to remove, I had them done at a shop back in the day and they said they have to head them up lossen a bit and repeat. They get to rusty they just strip right out. Ohh and jsut hope you don't snap a bleed nipple like I did *doh*.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
        The front ones can be a pain to remove, I had them done at a shop back in the day and they said they have to head them up lossen a bit and repeat. They get to rusty they just strip right out. Ohh and jsut hope you don't snap a bleed nipple like I did *doh*.
        I had the same experience with my MkII a few years back. I used some WD40 to loosen things up after I funked up my driver's side bleeder valve. Once you get everything loosened up, it's not hard at all. I wasn't crazy about using WD40, but I figured I was bleeding the brakes anyway. The price you were quoted seems high to me . . . you can do it yourself if you've got time and patience.

Comment

Working...
        X