Need to borrow: Strut tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to borrow: Strut tool

I am looking to do the suspension tomorrow, weather is not great but whatever...just want to get it over with.

Does anyone here have the strut spreader tool that I would be able to borrow??
    I know its kind of last minute to be asking but I just got back in town last night and really want to do it tomorrow.

Also does anyone have tips for doing the install?
    How hard is the pass side to do? I think the rear and drivers side shouldn't be too hard but the pass side does seem tricky.

Any tips/suggestions will be appreciated.

If you do have the tool and would be able to lend it out, please send me a PM with your name/phone number, if possible I would really like to borrow the tool tomorrow Your help will be truly appreciated.

Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by nismodrifter; 04-29-2005, 02:29 AM.

Re: Need to borrow: Strut tool

Passenger Side is not too bad, its just an extra bolt to loosen, You can buy a spring compressor from Princess auto for $30. They are the same as the one that you can borrow from Part Source. C-1 even has a cheap version for $25ish.

Comment

If you're talking about a spring compressor, you can also get them from Auto Value or Partsource, it's an $80 dollar deposit but you get it back.

Oh yea, I'm the official Master of the spring compressor
      Jay

Comment

get them installed by c1 there not to much $

Comment

^^ I have gotten many things installed at C1, and they have screwed just about all of it up. If you want it done well that is the last place you should go.
          Last edited by Mr. Burns; 04-29-2005, 12:54 PM.

Present
          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
          2003 VW Jetta GLI
          1992 VW Jetta GL
          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I have the metalnerd tools to remove the top bolt and the streader tool but you will have to wait till I get back in town on monday
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

bing bing bing we have a winner! the only thing C1 did properly on my car was flash my APR

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
              ^^ I have gotten many things installed at C1, and they have screwed just about all of it up. If you want it done well that is the last place you should go.

Comment

Amen Brotha...
                Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                You dig sucka?!

Comment

^^ is gotten even a word?? I must've been on crack that day or something LOL

Present
                  2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                  2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                  2003 VW Jetta GLI
                  1992 VW Jetta GL
                  1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

^^ is gotten even a word?? I must've been on crack that day or something LOL
                    Try Hooked on Phonics.. It worked for me!
                    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                    You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                      I have the metalnerd tools to remove the top bolt and the streader tool but you will have to wait till I get back in town on monday
                      Yea, and it only takes 2 hours to loosen off thanks to the 1/8th turn at a time.

Just get a compressor and an impact wrench, 30 seconds.
                      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
                        Yea, and it only takes 2 hours to loosen off thanks to the 1/8th turn at a time.

Just get a compressor and an impact wrench, 30 seconds.
                        1/8th turn at a time? what are you talking about? Also do you plan on putting the bolt back on with the impact? not worth it for me.
                        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Also do you plan on putting the bolt back on with the impact?
                          Yup, why not
                          Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
                            Yup, why not
                            Well I guess it depends how much you like the threads on your shocks, to each their own.

Comment

Well I guess it depends how much you like the threads on your shocks, to each their own.
                              You can check my threads at the meet, if you see a problem feel free to let me know, but I suspect you won't.

Edit: Sorry for going off topic, Nismodrifter, did you get your suspension installed?
                              Last edited by Tuna; 05-02-2005, 01:06 PM.
                              Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X