Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels

Hey looking to get new rims for the 1.8t. I am a noob just wondering what the bolt pattern and everything for my car would be? sry for asking such a dumb question new at modding my car
    Kenny

Re: Wheels

Nah this is a good question.

You need a 5x100 bolt pattern. The offset of the wheels should be about 35.

Sizes can be up to 19" and widths up to 8.5" in the front and 10" in the back (I think).

A good way to get an idea of wheel styles is to pick up a copy of a VW-oriented magazine like Performance VW, Golf+, etc. Not only are there a lot of cars but also there are about a million wheel company ads.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

yup eurotuner and all the good mags have so many damn wheel ads you can pretty much figure out what you want.. not to mention most of the feature cars have killer wheels so you can just grab a set if they are in your budget

Comment

Ha, speaking of Eurotuner and rims, I noticed they have a blurb about my Farhens (Privats new wheels hitting the streets or some jaz like that), thought it was funny, they've been out a while!!
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Ya, eurotuner is behind the times anyways, I read a 4 page post about how much they suck on vortex haha
          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
          -james

Comment

get my wheels
            Attached Files

Comment

Remember about me when your selling the long beaches

Comment

Ok thanks for the help!! and nice wheels otto!
                Kenny

Comment

19x8.5 on the front or rear with an ET35 or you can do a 9.5 on the rear with an ET40 no problem...

Here is a pic of a GTi with this 19 inch staggered set-up...

sigpic
                  Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
                  Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
                  Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
                  888.769.1772 Toll Free
                  403.769.1771 tel
                  403.769.1773 fax
                  bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

Ryan should have went staggered!!!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

nah.. that guy there from gendub got the 2nd set of wheels from CMS.. now there are 3 other people on vortex with them.. they are gonna get played out faster than supermeshes did

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                        Ryan should have went staggered!!!
                        Yup, especially since you don't drive hard. That looks really cool, and makes up for the lack of dish.
                        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                          nah.. that guy there from gendub got the 2nd set of wheels from CMS.. now there are 3 other people on vortex with them.. they are gonna get played out faster than supermeshes did
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan

LOL, what does it matter who was first to get the wheels? no ones going to remember you were the first ones with them when there are 2500 sets floating around vortex

I'd just gunmetal the centers, then you'd be a big baller!

edit: And if its the vortex crowd you're looking to please you should have gone with the Kruez's or the J-Lines!
                            Last edited by James; 05-02-2005, 02:38 PM.
                            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                            -james

Comment

i'm here to please myself and the odd girl .. actually james i was talking to a guy in jersey who bought the same wheels as me and he was at a hot import nights and axis/jaz had a booth and they now have my wheels painted black or gunmetal with polished lips!! hot!

Comment

Working...
                              X